• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reverse line movement

1 hour ago, 15 said:

And you admitted to picking Seattle to win. 

Dude is an asshat to say the least. He was calling for Cam to be benched for teh Jimmeh a few years ago, yet his posting name is the greatest of all time Cam. I don't remember seeing him around much last season and now that we are back to 2013 form, he is back.

It's wishy washy fugs like him and PanthersUnited that bug me. They think no one remembers the poo they post and it really is quite the conundrum. 

9 minutes ago, Ken said:

Or they are trying to get people to bet on Seattle? 

nah, the line would go the opposite way if they were trying to get the public to bet on Seattle.. You'd see us as 5 or 6 point favorites so people wouldn't bet on us as quickly

but all of this really doesn't mean poo. Gambling is gambling. We're going to win. I mean, Dallas was a favorite against us earlier this year

35 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

This is simple guys.  The line opened when Lynch's involvement was speculatory.

Now that he is 100% we are seeing the public reaction.  No need to panic. 

I don't think that is it. The numbers of bets greatly favor us but the line is moving the other direction because big money is going on Seattle. You can see these trends on various vegas sites. That's what was being referred to as reverse line movement. 

4 minutes ago, 15 said:

You voted for Seattle to win this game too? You two were the only Panther "fans" that picked Seattle lol...

Didn't one of them tease 9.5 points for the Seahawks? That's not a bad bet. I don't think it's enough but that's not a bet against the Panthers but a bet that it's a close game.

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

The sharps are hammering Seattle.  Not good, because they hammered the niners two years ago before that game.

My guess is they don't trust our defense

That is exactly what it is.  I have seen several places that the sharps and the betting services are saying take Seattle because the Carolina defense is vunerable and has given up 22+ points in seven of our thriteen wins.

Luckily even the best are only right about maybe 60% of the time.  Also, Our game is typically the third choice this weekend behind Denver (-7) and Kansas City (+5).  Apparently it is only a "slight lean."  It is a little concerning though because Wilson v. our secondary is definitely the one thing that worries me this weekend.

1 hour ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

We are 70% bet by the public yet the line has moved down, opened at -3 at some spots, we are now just a -1.5 favorite. 

If you have studied lines, gambling, or interpreted lines for any number of years you know what this means

I know nothing about gambling.  That said...if 70% of the public bet on us at -3, SHOULDN'T the line move down?  I mean all I hear is how the house wants to basically get even money on both sides.  So the line moving down I would assume would be to get more money bet on the Seahawks.

Archived