• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we seriously the underdog with a 15-1 team at home against the 6th seed?

Wundrbread33

3 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I read this 10 facts thing recently. I haven't been following the board since last week, so maybe a Seahawks fan has already posted it: http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/01/10-things-to-keep-in-mind-about.html

I mean... it's a convincing case. Seattle is the proven team. It's no wonder they would be favored by the public. Nobody believes in the Panthers!

I could easily make a ten point case for why we will beat them.  I won't though..  Just let the team do the talking tomorrow 

I think it's insane. All on sports media channels it's all about Seattle. The only time they talk about us is when they discuss our weaknesses or two seconds about how we could beat Seattle. They interview all Seattle players no Carolina players. Imagine if Seattle were 15-1. No one would pick us to win. No one. Especially if we were 10-6. 

13 hours ago, heelinfine said:

It's possible that the Seahwks beating Arizona that bad  could end up being a blessing in disguise for the Panthers If the Seahawks team is putting as much stock in it as some in the media and their fans are. So many of there fans on facebook are beyond certain that the Panthers are overatted and the game is only a formallity.

Agreed...

The reasonings I hear from the arrogant Seattle fans (and trust me when I say I hear a lot of them) is:

1) Cary Williams is gone and their defense is better

2) Carolina hasn't played anyone (never mind the fact that Seattle beat up on the likes of Claussen x2, Sackorpick, Cassel, and Bridgewater)

3) 2 of 3 Panther DBs are out so RW is gonna have a field day

4) Lynch is back

5) Seattle has stopped every running back this year including AP so Carolina has no chance to run the ball

There's more but I'm too lazy to go read it... seen enough BS for one afternoon.

I know they should have lost last week, but you have to remember the Seahawks have been to the SB 2 years in a row.  The year before that they reached the divisional and lost by 2 points with a rookie qb named Russell Wilson.  They're the defending NFC champions currently.  Times like these people tend to side with experience, especially against the Panthers, who "they" have been underrating all year.    Time to show and prove.  Here's to the underdog.    

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I think it's insane. All on sports media channels it's all about Seattle. The only time they talk about us is when they discuss our weaknesses or two seconds about how we could beat Seattle. They interview all Seattle players no Carolina players. Imagine if Seattle were 15-1. No one would pick us to win. No one. Especially if we were 10-6. 

If the Hawks were 15-1, coming off two straight NFC Championships w/ the game being in Seattle, yeah you would have to be pretty bold to pick the Panthers. But luckily we have the home field advantage... I hope it actually makes a difference tomorrow

13 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I'm sorry, as I'm sure some of you are tired of reading/thinking about this stuff, but I honestly cannot believe we are sitting here at 15-1, as the number 1 seed in the NFL, as underdogs against the visiting Seattle Seahawks. (I know we are given 1.5 but you get what I'm saying)

No, I don't get what you are saying.  The Panthers are favored to win the game.  Although I suppose it is another lame attempt to play the, "We get no respect", card.  Btw, the Panthers just tweeted out the "expert" picks:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Pickin-It-NFC-Divisional-Playoff/31914c1b-0cdc-4c02-9838-ac168500dadd

Guess what?  Even the experts are almost all picking the Panthers.  This lame attempt to find disrespect is getting tired.  It is almost as if some Panthers fans feel like every single person in the entire world must pick the Panthers to win every single game or somehow this "fan" finds it as a sign of disrespect.  No matter how many games, no matter how many Super Bowls, no matter how many MVPs, you will never find unanimous support for whatever team you pull for.

22 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

It's simple really. Win. That's all we have to do to change the narrative.

The narrative already is that the Panthers are one of the best teams in the NFL.  It seems some people here will never be satisfied.  I've been around since the Panthers inception and I have never seen more positive press than the Panthers have received this year.  If people aren't going to be happy with this team and how they are portrayed after a season like this, then these same people will never be happy it seems.

57 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I read this 10 facts thing recently. I haven't been following the board since last week, so maybe a Seahawks fan has already posted it: http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/01/10-things-to-keep-in-mind-about.html

I mean... it's a convincing case. Seattle is the proven team. It's no wonder they would be favored by the public. Nobody believes in the Panthers!

Bill Simmons read that on his podcast.  He concluded it by aying "I'm taking Carolina."  To paraphrase his reasoning, "I am taking Cam Newton, he is the best player in football, nothing else matter."

1 hour ago, rainwater said:

No, I don't get what you are saying.  The Panthers are favored to win the game.  Although I suppose it is another lame attempt to play the, "We get no respect", card.  Btw, the Panthers just tweeted out the "expert" picks:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Pickin-It-NFC-Divisional-Playoff/31914c1b-0cdc-4c02-9838-ac168500dadd

Guess what?  Even the experts are almost all picking the Panthers.  This lame attempt to find disrespect is getting tired.  It is almost as if some Panthers fans feel like every single person in the entire world must pick the Panthers to win every single game or somehow this "fan" finds it as a sign of disrespect.  No matter how many games, no matter how many Super Bowls, no matter how many MVPs, you will never find unanimous support for whatever team you pull for.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, rainwater said:

No it's legit ... We should be favored based off our record and our talent not HFA... We getting disrespected now on this national pre game coverage ... Talking bout we don't got a chance... 

Archived