• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suicide Squad

scpanther22

59 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Margot is having waaay too much fun with that character, and I love it.

What, we actually agree on something, and it's something really good.

Hmm, I don't know if I should trust this...

I've been ants in my pants over Margot in this role for months.

11 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

David Ayer

The guy who directed End of Watch, Fury and Harsh Times, and wrote Training Day? I was tad worried too but the trailers have sealed it for me.

Well the flip side to that is he was also responsible for that Arnold movie "Sabotage" which was kind of a trainwreck to put it kindly. But I was sold on this at Jared Leto.

• 2 months later...
On April 11, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Promethean Forerunner said:

If this film rocks like we're hoping, I pray WB gives Ayer control of Justice League. Snyder did a decent job getting the DCEU here but now we need a director who can actually edit a film.

Blame his wife. Zach didn't edit the film she did. He's not a bad director but her editing and her ideas killed the movie imo

11 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

BUT it's his responsibility regardless. I agree, he's NOT a bad director but if he can't stand up to his wife then he's just as guilty. 

It's not about standing up to his wife or even that they were his responsiblitities. She was the main producer on the film and it was their production company that handles the editing of the film. They were probably in the same room when they were cutting the thing together but at the end of the day his job was to direct and hers was to edit. She dropped the ball big time.

the watchmen suffered from the same thing. The version people actually liked was the directors cut of the movie not hers. The one that actually made it to theaters. Even though I loved Watchmen in its theaterical release the same problems have been there as was in BvS. 

5 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

It's not about standing up to his wife or even that they were his responsiblitities. She was the main producer on the film and it was their production company that handles the editing of the film. They were probably in the same room when they were cutting the thing together but at the end of the day his job was to direct and hers was to edit. She dropped the ball big time.

the watchmen suffered from the same thing. The version people actually liked was the directors cut of the movie not hers. The one that actually made it to theaters. Even though I loved Watchmen in its theaterical release the same problems have been there as was in BvS. 

Dude it's all about the ULTIMATE cut when it comes to Watchman.

Movie underrated though, it was great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this doesn't look good: http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-early-reviews-bad/

i had high hopes for Suicide Squad... i hoped that it would be the movie that would pull DC out of the gutter after that BvS disaster (it wasn't HORRIBLE, but it should have been a LOT better), but early reviews are negative to downright brutal right now

“For reasons beyond Ayer’s control, he’s beholden to the corporate vision of other recent DC adaptations, most notably Zack Snyder’s sleek-surfaced and oppressively self-serious riffs on the Superman legend. While it would have been amazing to see the director (fresh off WWII-set suicide-mission movie “Fury”) push his own nothing-to-lose anarchic boundaries, he’s ultimately forced to conform to Snyder’s style, to the extent that Suicide Squad ends up feeling more like the exec producer’s gonzo effects-saturated Sucker Punch.”

“Suicide Squad is bad. Not fun bad. Not redeemable bad. Not the kind of bad that is the unfortunate result of artists honorably striving for something ambitious and falling short. Suicide Squad is just bad. It’s ugly and boring, a toxic combination that means the film’s highly fetishized violence doesn’t even have the exciting tingle of the wicked or the taboo. (Oh, how the movie wants to be both of those things.) It’s simply a dull chore steeped in flaccid machismo, a shapeless, poorly edited trudge that adds some mildly appalling sexism and even a soupçon of racism to its abundant, hideously timed gun worship. But, perhaps worst of all, Suicide Squad is ultimately too shoddy and forgettable to even register as revolting.”

“The anticipated savior of a bummer summer turns out to be a grabbag of what’s been off and awful about recent comic-book epics (Captain America: Civil War excepted). Suicide Squad wussies out when it should have been down with the Dirty Dozen of DC Comics. Audiences complained that Batman v Superman was too dark and depressing. So director-writer David Ayer (End of Watch, Fury) counters with light and candy-assed… This botch job makes Fantastic Four look good.”

ouch

there are a LOT more reviews at the link at the top

most of the reviews I have heard mention Robbie's performance as good in an otherwise horrible movie. 

Given how they have been hyping Leto's joker....I have had big doubts on it not sucking.

Archived