• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A couple of general questions...

ACobra289

Since the game is going to be much closer to Denver than NC do you think the Broncos will have more fans there or will it likely be about 50/50?

I've also been wondering if the Panthers offense will continue their tradition of giving away touchdown balls. I imagine as a player it would be hard to give away a SB ball.

2 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

Since the game is going to be much closer to Denver than NC do you think the Broncos will have more fans there or will it likely be about 50/50?

I've also been wondering if the Panthers offense will continue their tradition of giving away touchdown balls. I imagine as a player it would be hard to give away a SB ball.

The NFL controls the vast majority of Super Bowl tickets and the teams get the same number each, so any advantage from either team would be minor if at all.

Regarding the second point, not sure if the NFL will be more strict about it (doubtful) but if I were a player and scored a TD in the Super Bowl I'd probably keep the ball. 

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

The NFL controls the vast majority of Super Bowl tickets and the teams get the same number each, so any advantage from either team would be minor if at all.

Regarding the second point, not sure if the NFL will be more strict about it (doubtful) but if I were a player and scored a TD in the Super Bowl I'd probably keep the ball. 

Cant get greedy now.  Dole em out.  Maybe a pick 6 you keep or a long pass but a 2 yard run?  First row please.

2 hours ago, ACobra289 said:

maybe Cam can keep his first TD ball, but give away all the others.

2 hours ago, ACobra289 said:

If it were a team within driving distance, I would think it might matter.  However, Denver is over 20 hours from San Francisco.  Therefore, most fans from both teams going would have to fly

It all depends on who the other teams' attendees pull for. I'd guess it'll be pretty evenly split.

As for the td balls, it's the 50th SB & the NFL probably wants them for the HoF. But if Cam gives any out, it'd better be to a kid. He gave 1 to an adult at an away game just once. Truly though, it's a Kids Only Club.

The majority of fans attending don't have the Broncos or Panthers as there favorite team.

To a lot of people the Panthers are an unknown. The media will sway a lot of people. If they want to put Cam in a positive light as someone who enjoys the game and is making football fun again I think they could sway a lot of people. If Cam is portrayed as a thug who got in trouble in college and loves to rub it in with his celebrations then the Broncos could have the majority.

I was in upstate New York a couple weeks ago. I spoke to a lot of people that talked about his antics. I explained he is having fun and not getting in the faces of the other team. he is bringing back fun to the game much like Billy White Shoes Johnson or Ickey Woods did with their celebrations. People are just being too sensitive thanks to political correctness I also said Cam does a lot of charity work for community. It swayed a lot of people to root for the Panthers 'since their team was out'.

Archived