• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Denver Sports Radio/Cam PR Person

redbuddha

I was listening to Denver sports radio this week trying to get their outlook on the game and the announcers were great in providing multiple laff tracks about the Denver Defense, while completely ignoring Denver's offense.

But in a change of pace he brought up Cam's demeanor during the myriad media sessions and said that Cam looked uncomfortable and bored. To which I kinda agreed, except for Snoop; he kinda seemed disengaged. He said that for what Cam gets paid in salary and endorsements, he should feel grateful to answer these repetitive questions. Any of us regular people would be glad to for that kind of money ($20M)

I am not here to bash Cam, I am here to bash the Media guy who stood just off camera who I saw after/during every Cam interview. WTF are you doing! Was your media strategy, just answer all questions.

Bump that, Cam is about to become the face of the NFL, and possibly sports worldwide. people are dabbing in soccer games, while we speak, Just like a Super Bowl half-time performer, Cam's brand could be exposed to millions, perhaps billions of people around the world. Tell Cam to own these interviews. Talk about his relationship with Braylon, with his coaches and teammates, his family, his God, his clothing line with Belk, his first UA commercial with Tom Brady. I wanna see more product placements than in a Jackie Chan starring Peyton Manning movie.

He doesn't have to answer the questions. Bellichek never answers questions, he has his own agenda.

So do your job, give him some good advice, because win or lose, he is going to be asked even more questions. If you do your job right the next time Cam goes to the Superbowl, he might be bringing in ($40M)!

Reporters have all week to prepare questions and ask the same boring poo. Not only that, but they repeat questions that Cam has answered all season long from the Charlotte media. Do your damn job and a player won't be bored. He was happy to see snoop because he knew something new was coming. You ask Cam the right questions and his personality comes out. O so now you want to see the fake smile? It's not his job to be fake, know who you're interviewing and ask better questions. 

37 minutes ago, redbuddha said:

I was listening to Denver sports radio this week trying to get their outlook on the game and the announcers were great in providing multiple laff tracks about the Denver Defense, while completely ignoring Denver's offense.

But in a change of pace he brought up Cam's demeanor during the myriad media sessions and said that Cam looked uncomfortable and bored. To which I kinda agreed, except for Snoop; he kinda seemed disengaged. He said that for what Cam gets paid in salary and endorsements, he should feel grateful to answer these repetitive questions. Any of us regular people would be glad to for that kind of money ($20M)

I am not here to bash Cam, I am here to bash the Media guy who stood just off camera who I saw after/during every Cam interview. WTF are you doing! Was your media strategy, just answer all questions.

Bump that, Cam is about to become the face of the NFL, and possibly sports worldwide. people are dabbing in soccer games, while we speak, Just like a Super Bowl half-time performer, Cam's brand could be exposed to millions, perhaps billions of people around the world. Tell Cam to own these interviews. Talk about his relationship with Braylon, with his coaches and teammates, his family, his God, his clothing line with Belk, his first UA commercial with Tom Brady. I wanna see more product placements than in a Jackie Chan starring Peyton Manning movie.

He doesn't have to answer the questions. Bellichek never answers questions, he has his own agenda.

So do your job, give him some good advice, because win or lose, he is going to be asked even more questions. If you do your job right the next time Cam goes to the Superbowl, he might be bringing in ($40M)!

In fairness to Cam: No one cares (target audience for advertisers) what Cam said or didn't say during his Superbowl Pressers. No one knows or remembers. So that's not a problem.

However, Cam could have been more visibly positive and upbeat.

I don't think Cam was being disrespectful or rude. He was kinda just putting on an act with the slumped shoulders, trying to tell them what/how to ask with his disposition.

Nonetheless, you're in the Superbowl Cam. Handling media responsibilities is part of it.

So just suck it up and pretend, even if it's3- 4 days in a row, several times a day.

17 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Reporters have all week to prepare questions and ask the same boring poo. Not only that, but they repeat questions that Cam has answered all season long from the Charlotte media. Do your damn job and a player won't be bored. He was happy to see snoop because he knew something new was coming. You ask Cam the right questions and his personality comes out. O so now you want to see the fake smile? It's not his job to be fake, know who you're interviewing and ask better questions. 

Funny, if they took the time to read articles or look at games, they could ask real questions that he would want to answer. Such as:

"Cam when you first cam into the league, you threw a lot under center, and in the shot gun with some read option sprinkled in. What effect do you think the read option will have on the Denver defense/pass rush, along with your drop back throwing to  your speedy receivers"?

May not be the best question. But at least if you ask something like that, Cam knows you at least know, followed or researched the team, and made him think.

But no. Many ask dumb questions, cause they want a particular reaction. But they're no smart enough to figure out his disposition and alter their questions (though he made it very clear how he felt). SMH

I'm not sure how Cam is supposed to bring up stuff about Braylon, his family, etc, when reporters are asking crap like "Why are you wearing socks and sandals?"

I mean, what is he supposed to say, "You know who doesn't wear socks and sandals? My friend, Braylon Beam!"?

Additionally, it really doesn't matter if Cam aces the media portion. Whether or not he is good with the media has nothing to do with the score tonight. 

How many ways can he answer the same old tired questions?  That's on the media.  Hell, look out there, they're writing the same ole $hit.  When they come to terms, and stop trying to dog him, they'll ask better and different questions and he'll delight them.  Until then, pi$$ on em.

7 minutes ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I'm not sure how Cam is supposed to bring up stuff about Braylon, his family, etc, when reporters are asking crap like "Why are you wearing socks and sandals?"

I mean, what is he supposed to say, "You know who doesn't wear socks and sandals? My friend, Braylon Beam!"?

Additionally, it really doesn't matter if Cam aces the media portion. Whether or not he is good with the media has nothing to do with the score tonight. 

Actually that is exactly how I would tell him to answer the question!

It's the questioning. He heard it Monday night, got asked he same questions Tuesday and by Wednesday, he was tired of it. You can only answer the same questions so many ways. I think had these journalist came up with better questions, he wouldn't have been as bored with it. However, players are actually over the media after a few days because think about it---they have a huge game to prepare for and focus on 

24 minutes ago, CarolinaSunday said:

Sounds like how politicians debate.

I thought his energy with the media was great in Charlotte the week after the NFCCG.  And even Monday & Tuesday it was ok.  But by Wed & Thurs, you could tell he was tiring of it.  Don't blame him.  He usually only has to do two media sessions a week:  Sunday post-game and Wed.  To all of a sudden be doing 4 days a week.  Yikes.  That's got to be really draining, especially when, as Cam noted, there's nothing new to talk about from day to day.... no "news" to react to, just same old same old.

Archived