• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rigged?

Lilsmitty09

You're in denial if you don't think the NFL and (especially) the NBA is rigged to a degree

Rigged as in the officials clearly call or don't call certain things, in certain games, to help keep said games close, or to help the team which will make the league more money and/or make a better story.

Brady's "tuck rule".

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's common sense. The NFL is a business.

It's not why we lost. If a team plays well, it doesn't matter and they'll win anyway, but it never helps, especially on an off night like this.

The offense wasn't ready/prepared to play a defense as fast and aggressive as Denver's was today.

Add in the less than special teams play and Carolina was their own worst enemy.

Even then, had the Panthers offense mounted a couple of decent drives sometime during the second half they still could have won.

Bottom line:  Panthers offense was unable to overcome their own mistakes and an aggressive Bronco's D and that is why Carolina lost. 

Goodell has started to rig games for sure. The sport use to be clean, but players like Manning also didnt make it to the dance either and the NFL had to change that. There is no money in the best team winning if its not the right team winning. 

I try not to blame refs but good god. I totally agree.  Denver played good but the Refs seem to take the air out of your sails every chance they could.

Started from the very get go.

The ball Cotchery caught still hasn't touched the ground.

Oooopppss not illegal contact....tht would give Carolina a first down...my bad....no penalty

Blindside block...oh yeah Ted Gin went to the other side of the field and he pushed him

Let's help them score.... The pass was a mile over the head of anyone yet still ...whatever... oh yeah cant be PI because than that would be a no call....yeah right....illegal contact...

Turner's unnecessary roughness.  Literally spit second after the whistle and barely pushed the guy.  Yet Cam was hammered time after time when he released the ball and nothing was call.

1 hour ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Don't get me wrong. We played like poo tonight (but so did Denver). Shula, Remmers, Drops, Blocking, etc. were trash.

But you can't tell me that in what will be Peytons last game, the Broncos end up with 0 penalties in second half, an obvious catch that turns into a 7 point td for Denver, a picked up flag on a crucial 3rd down and no replay of it, an "illegal blindside" from Tre (wtf is that even a rule?), and literally every time we would fair catch a punt in good filed position, we would get a random block in back or something - every single time and a holding on a crucial 3rd and goal when the ball was beyond uncatchable and it wasn't even a hold.

The head ref is now 6-0 in bronco games (he picked up flags and called cotches "no catch") and lived in Nebraska - where everyone is a bronco fan (have family there).

Just felt so fuggin scripted too with the postgame speech from goodell and down 6 at the end of the third CBS only showed Manning with the lombardi then ended with him walking out the door like it was his last thing he ever did in the NFL.

Just a fuggin joke of a performance today by the Panthers, NFL, Refs and Cam's press conference. I love Cam but he has to grow up. If you are going to dish poo and be an MVP - act like it after a loss. If you are defending him with that press conference - take off the homer glasses.

So is it rigged or just coincidence that everything fuggin perfect happened to Peyton and the broncos tonight

So you're accusing the game of being rigged, and then calling out Cam for pouting? Cool got it.

1 hour ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

I can say this..majority of penalties called on us, CBS didnt show a replay..

I'm guessing because there wasn't sh*t to show..

and picking up PI flags..I can only wonder why..

I tweeted CBS & CBS Sports & NFL on CBS quite a few times during the game about not showing replays. That they were wasting all that high tech crap they had. That it was the worst super bowl telecast ever. Etc, etc. (Seriously, I saw nothing beyond the usual type of telecast that would make any broadcaster want to spend the extra money for high tech anything. FOX did a better broadcast with our NFCC game.)

IMO they were told after disagreeing with Cotchery's catch--->noncatch call to cool it about the ref's calls & they cut back on replays on purpose. Simms even screwed up a few times, talking like we were watching a replay but there wasn't one for us to see. Which means the NFL Game Pass replay will be exactly the same way. And that sucks. The All 22 tape won't be out for awhile either.

The NFL is slowly becoming the NBA. It's less about good football and more about big markets and storylines. I don't know if the game was rigged but the refs were awful as usual. The commentating was awful as usual. 3 hours if commercials and product placement was awful as usual. It reeked of a WWE PPV. 

Archived