• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rigged?

Lilsmitty09

I don't think anyone is placing blame 100% on the refs.  I would place about 40% of it on them.  The momentum turn early from the Cotchery nonsense that led to an easy run in on the fumble was crushing, and a handful of other failures through the game.  Having to eat up your challenges that early because of ref blindness is demoralizing.  It was a tough defensive game, helping one team get 7 points was huge.  We played like trash, so did their offense, but they didn't have to face the refs as well.  That is how the NFL has been doing this for so many years now.    A perfect game could beat all that, but you can't have a perfect game against their defense.  Cam and the crew knew right after the Cotchery thing.  They knew it was going to be an uphill battle.

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I don't think anyone is placing blame 100% on the refs.  I would place about 40% of it on them.  The momentum turn early from the Cotchery nonsense that led to an easy run in on the fumble was crushing, and a handful of other failures through the game.  Having to eat up your challenges that early because of ref blindness is demoralizing.  It was a tough defensive game, helping one team get 7 points was huge.  We played like trash, so did their offense, but they didn't have to face the refs as well.  That is how the NFL has been doing this for so many years now.    A perfect game could beat all that, but you can't have a perfect game against their defense.  Cam and the crew knew right after the Cotchery thing.  They knew it was going to be an uphill battle.

Don't forget the 3 points on our missed field goal with a guy clearly offside.

Who knows? Nobody will ever know if these games sometimes get a few swing calls based on the books and maybe what the NFL wants for a story. Facts (loosely used term) on this are that there were a TON of bets placed on the Panthers and the over. So Vegas had a chance to make GOBS of money on this game if Denver won in a low scoring game. They did. The Panthers were -5ish and the over/under was 44ish. I think its safe to say that most of the money went in the losing direction. 

This part isn't factual…but it might as well be. The NFL wants Peyton gone. You can't force him to retire because news would come out and there would be speculation as to why. But he was bad for the NFL this year. First of all he wasn't any good…and he remained a story. Bad football remaining a story is no good for Goodell. The other reason they want him gone which is the bigger reason is that Peyton is one huge hit away from a wheelchair. The guy had major C-spine surgery where before he had the surgery his doctors basically told him that he could be paralyzed if he doesn't get corrected. He is quoted as saying that he can't feel his throwing arm or hand when he's trying to play even after the corrective surgery. Then this story comes out about how he's using HGH to rehab, which is quickly hunted down by Ari Fleischer and pushed aside. Think the NFL didn't lend a hand in squashing that story? In the back of their mind they are saying "this looks bad and…we need to hope Peyton gets through one last playoff." None of this looks good for the NFL which is trying to have an image of looking after their players. How does it look if Peyton ends up with permanent disability due to playing longer than he should be allowed? It's a months long media firestorm and an ensuing court battle for sure about player safety. It's not a coincidence that he basically goes down like a folding lawn chair any time a player gets near him in the pocket. He can't take the risk of getting hit. Props to him for being a hard ass…but that doesn't help the NFL narrative. 

So…The NFL needs Peyton gone and the only sure-fire way to make sure he's gone is if he wins. Maybe they aren't completely putting two and two together but there are SO MANY swing calls, no calls, judgment calls in an average football game it's not hard to "miss" a few and let the snowball commence. Our offense played horrible. Period. We weren't going to win with that effort. But it helps to stifle an offense when you let the MVP get hit after throws, you overturn obvious catches, you make phantom holding calls. More noteably you let would-be calls go when the Broncos are committing fouls. Its incredibly easy to just brush stuff off as missed calls.

We will never know what happens in these big money game scenarios. But it is truly naive to think that in big business that all of the rules are being followed.  

They should have just told us that the game was going Denver's way in the beginning and then we could put on good show for the fans.

All of you that want to say that officiating didn't play a hand in it. 

How many times in the second half did we have good field position only to have some bogus penalty. 

Turner extended his arm on a guy (like everyone on every play does)  We get a 10 yd play negated.  Oh so sweet they gave us the first down and then marched us back 15 yds. 

Ginn's Put return has us on the 50 again.  Blindside block.  Know why?  Cause Boston was coming back to the ball to block.  Once the defender started chasing him he created a blind spot and Boston just pushed him out of the play.  Bullshit call.  Another 15 yds back.

Driving for a score.... Illegal contact.  Flag pulled up?  How so?  Ball too high?  Hmmmm sounds like the same play yet Denver got it because they couldn't get the ball into the end zone without help.

Time and time again bullshit calls at the most inopportune time.  This was the fuging Petty Manning farewell and for god sake he wasn't going to lose it no matte what. 

Two Super Bowl visits....two fug jobs.....

Cheatriots taping us

Now the god damn Peyton Manning send off tour.

I think next year they should hand out fuging championship belts instead of rings.  Cause this damn sure reminds me of the fuging WWE.

I found it strange that that every talking head picked us , even some guys that's hated on Carolina all year. The phrase defense wins championship gets said a lot def. By national talking heads. So why did they pick against the number 1 "historical" defense in Denver.  To me that screams distraction. Add the fact that the Broncos are undeafeted or close to it with the head ref of this game.  And it starting to smell like a conspiracy. Good ole boy retired with a ring. Emotional young punk didn't.

9 minutes ago, nationsford said:

I found it strange that that every talking head picked us , even some guys that's hated on Carolina all year. The phrase defense wins championship gets said a lot def. By national talking heads. So why did they pick against the number 1 "historical" defense in Denver.  To me that screams distraction. Add the fact that the Broncos are undeafeted or close to it with the head ref of this game.  And it starting to smell like a conspiracy. Good ole boy retired with a ring. Emotional young punk didn't.

It's fun when everyone cheats for you huh.  I miss when two teams played on a field and saw who was the better team not who has the better storyline. 

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Turner's unnecessary roughness.  Literally spit second after the whistle and barely pushed the guy.  Yet Cam was hammered time after time when he released the ball and nothing was call.

There were several hits on Cam that I couldn't believe were not called, either late, or a little "extra" in the pile up.

2 minutes ago, Spaceballs83 said:

Ray Lewis effect. When you have a future HOF on a team having his last season, it's time for that team to win Super Bowl so they go out in style.

Even the Ravens earned it.  It didn't take them being spotted 100 yards in penalties. 

Archived