• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No team will hire Shula after that playcalling and Panthers won't release him after he ran the #1 scoring offense

megadeth078

still not sure how shula is getting the burn for all this. running those plays up the gut is precisely how you negate crashing ends.

"we kept running long developing routes" is a myth and a reflexive holdover from the first half of 2014. we ran a ton of short stuff and just didn't connect on it, or ended up with turnovers at absolutely horrible times.

take away cam's pick (teddy's fault) and tolbert's second fumble and i think we win this game.

Running up the gut is a good way to attack but it was entirely too telegraphed. Every first down almost.  No screens. Not sure if i saw a dig or quick out. Very few slants. Needed more variety and adjustment.  Devin made a great catch then was underutilized until Philly got hurt.  We need to upgrade ed Dickson and Mike remmers. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

When the plays work it is Cam ignoring Shula and audibelizing. When it doesn't it is Shula calling stupid plays and Cam has no say in the matter.

Same old huddle ignorance after any loss.

Not so sure I'd say ignorance. Shula has been great this year but Wade Phillips exploited our offense last night and we lacked the ability to adjust appropriately on the fly.  Some , not all, does lie on the oc

4 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Not so sure I'd say ignorance. Shula has been great this year but Wade Phillips exploited our offense last night and we lacked the ability to adjust appropriately on the fly.  Some , not all, does lie on the oc

You could say he didn't prepare Cam enough and you could be right. But the players have to execute. Coaches sit in the booth or on the sidelines and Shula gave the total reigns to Cam.  Cam was confused all night and  should have called more max protects instead of putting 4 and five receivers out in a pattern.

34 minutes ago, fieryprophet said:

Let me surprise people here with a plain reality: Shula's playcalling didn't lose this game. Player execution accounted for far more, such as the dropped passes and fumbles and inability to run or pass block. On a list of grievances Shula is pretty damn low down the list.

I don't want this thread to come off as reactionary hate-mongering, so I went back and looked at the play-by-play.  We ran 13 (yes, 13...) first down running plays that netted us 3 or fewer yards.  Thirteen second-and-long situations in a game that was at most a 2-possession game throughout. If this is all because of execution, at what point should an offensive coordinator realize that the players aren't executing the plays that are "supposed" to work and instead make adjustments?  Are lack of adjustments not the fault of the OC?

7 minutes ago, megadeth078 said:

I don't want this thread to come off as reactionary hate-mongering, so I went back and looked at the play-by-play.  We ran 13 (yes, 13...) first down running plays that netted us 3 or fewer yards.  Thirteen second-and-long situations in a game that was at most a 2-possession game throughout. If this is all because of execution, at what point should an offensive coordinator realize that the players aren't executing the plays that are "supposed" to work and instead make adjustments?  Are lack of adjustments not the fault of the OC?

Na man players are supposed to execute with 10 in the box. and the 11th not far from it. They circled all of the Broncos defenders on the screen to show damn near every one of them was no more than 8 yards away from the LOS and the secondary was up in on the WRs.

Play action on 1st and 10 is better than that bullshit play action they did on 3rd and 12....I lol'd.

Sad thing is it's all true..

shula has not changed the difference between 2014 and 2015 was line protection and cam able to be cam nothing Shula did oh and ginn.

At no point during the game lets be honest there was no adjustments on offense and after that first quarter I knew something was not right and they sit in a box and watch the game too.

was the o line hungover? This same group of men dominated Seattle and Arizona. They literally looked like they had roller skates on. it's time to get some real talent here and stop with the I drafted projects to protect our face of the franchise.

20 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Na man players are supposed to execute with 10 in the box. and the 11th not far from it. They circled all of the Broncos defenders on the screen to show damn near every one of them was no more than 8 yards away from the LOS and the secondary was up in on the WRs.

Play action on 1st and 10 is better than that bullshit play action they did on 3rd and 12....I lol'd.

You guys just can't seem to grasp how Denver manhandled our O-line can you?

26 minutes ago, megadeth078 said:

And? With Denver mugging the edges we should have been able to attack them up the middle, but Kalil, Turner and even Norwell couldn't generate any push. How many times did Stewart hit a hole and get stopped by arm tackles? He was literally a leap away from breaking one but the o-line couldn't even keep defenders at arm's length.

Archived