• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking - Charles Johnson Released

CarolinaNCSU

14 minutes ago, CCS said:

He was never worth the contract he got. The best that contract did for us was not let him go to Atlanta.

I beg to differ. He should had went to at least 2 pro bowl in that time span but he kept getting sunbbed. While he wasn't as good as his contract, it's not like he wasn't close. 

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

Think it goes without saying we make a decent FA signing at DE.  NEED a a vet to start opposite Ealy.

FA vet/Ealy/Addison/Draft Pick and hope like hell Ealy consistently shows up. 

Yes.  Gettleman wants to be free to have no holes and go BPA in the draft.  I'd be SHOCKED if we didn't sign a free agent DE or two.

10 minutes ago, CCS said:

He was never worth the contract he got. The best that contract did for us was not let him go to Atlanta.

That was the whole point of the contract, though. The fact he played for us rather than Atlanta is maybe the difference between us making the playoffs in 2013, and us missing them. 

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

That was the whole point of the contract, though. The fact he played for us rather than Atlanta is maybe the difference between us making the playoffs in 2013, and us missing them. 

atlanta was also something like 10 yards away from going to a super bowl in 2012.  if they had a good DE on their team that might have put them over the top.

8 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

So, with Jared's retirement, CJ's release, and Frank's suspension through late Nov 2016, here's who we have as DEs as of right now, including PS & Futures Contracts guys:

DEs_Mar3.png.fe328e38a845163708a2d5bb220

There is no doubt in my mind that we are drafting Dline this upcoming draft. Probably double dipping.  

14 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

We need to sign Star too, without Star, there is no KK.  

I would agree to a point but this is the best crop of interior DL we have seen in a while.

i think we could let Star walk at the end of his contract if Getts has a DT targeted at our draft position.

Archived