• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it came down to..

the greatest

I think out of those mentioned, given the fit, would be Dodd.  But He'll be gone.  That's one thing I have no doubt especially since guys like Dupree got taken so early last draft.  Top DL/OLB rushers are a commodity. 

For our defense, that high of a pick, and given the talent, I think we're likely to get a Neal (S), Bullard (DE), Henry (TE), Trey Jackson (CB) type

Our system needs a guy that can seal the edge AND be able to pressure the QB.

Ogbah is a year or so from being really effective but, we did bring CJ back for a reason and that is mentoring and locker room presence.

Out of the 3, I think Dodd would be my choice as I think his upside is greatest.  But, I also think out of the 3, he will be the first one taken and probably in the top half of the first round.

Doctson might end up being the best wr out of this draft. I like him a lot. 

Lawson was a dominant player. He took over games and ran a very impressive 40 time I didn't expect. 

Ogbah on tape is a 2-3rd round talent. He's a workout warrior. Take away the combine and we're not even mentioning him. 

I'm skeptical with Dodd. Hardly any production before this yr. I think he benefited from the constant attention Lawson was getting. 

That's a tough one. Normally, I'm in the stock up on DL camp and still leaning that way. But Doctson would be nice insurance for KB or Funch and could make us much more dangerous on O.

Bullard is another interesting prospect. But does he have a real position? I would not argue with the first 2 picks going to the DL. But like a previous poster mentioned, drafting DL 1st and then trading up for Shepard or Henry would be enticing. I'd also like to trade up for Fuller or WJIII if he miraculously fell to round 2.

Here'z the dealeo. Normally you want your 1st, and 2nd round picks to fight for a starting spot. And in some cases maybe even your 3rd. Where do we need for those 2-3 players to play? 

WR? But WRs rarely come in and perform right out of the gate. So you would basically be drafting for the future, and wouldn't necessarily help in the short term. IMO, we have to find out if Fun Fun can continue to improve. Is he KB's running mate? Can these 2 make a great pairing? Which is why I don't see them bringing in any high draft picks to take away reps. Maybe next year kids.

D-line can be a good spot for a rookie. Unfortunately, we don't have a spot open for him. You would be drafting for the future. We do need to worry about CJs replacement. But we also have a bunch of kids we like. We do need some depth at DT. Just not sure you use a 1 or a 2 on depth. But then again, the way we rotate. Why not?

CB? Rookie CB can have some problems. Although, if you draft one you like, maybe he can contribute sooner that later. Otherwise, outside of depth, we are set there. For this year anywho. We could use a replacement for Jno's departure, but do you use a 1-2 on CB? Even considering the class of DBs, and Gman's propensity to draft them in the later rounds, the decision is a tough one.

NB? Now we are getting to the one area we are in dire need. Do you draft a kid just as a NB? Or do you take one you really like, and let the chips fall where they may? I can see us throwing in a Vet to add to the rotation. Kinda like the Peanut role. We do need to address this spot. And IMO, McClain and a Vet is a good start. But we still need at least 1 more to fill out the rotation.

Safety? This is a spot the Rivera and Gman will take seriously. That last line of defense is important to them. So if there is a S they really like. I could see them nabbing him. The team really likes Boston, and this is his 3rd year. They may not bring in any competition this year. Instead, they may let Boston and Marlowe play out the string. If they can produce, we win. If they fail, we address it at that point. 

Gman loves to grow his own. One of his corner-stones of success. We have a bunch of kids we really need to look at.

So to sum up. If there is a S, CB, or maybe, but I doubt it, a WR they really love they may just grab him. But I would think it is BPA. And this year, and for the foreseeable future, it is about all you can do. Just grab the best player, and let him develop.

tl/dr version. If you read all that. Thank you.

I really think we need a #2 TE more than another WR, we just spent a 1st and 2nd rounder on WRs after all.

My ideal draft would be to take Ogbah in the 1st, then trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up into the 40s and nab Hunter Henry (that's probably his absolute floor)

6 hours ago, the greatest said:

Doctson, Ogbah/Dodd/Lawson, Apple(i dont think Alexander falls to 30 after a 4.40) or Reggie Ragland at position 30 who do you take?

@the greatest, their is going to be a great skills player at 30. 

The Draft is 15-20 deep with 1st round hog mollies. Then u got teams that have quarterback needs. Plus teams with LB needs. 

By the time 30 rolls around there should be above average talent for what it's typically slotted in the 30th pick.

Archived