• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fear the Walking Dead, Season 2

Darth Biscuit

3 hours ago, PandaPancake said:

You guys should have your own thread and talk about it together.

Speaking of haters, where are all those people that hated Nick from season one?

I will admit, I was one of those.  But as I said a few pages back, the new version of Nick is a character I very much like.  I really hope that they avoid having him finding drugs at some point and having a relapse, that would be annoying.

Super intense episode last night, then it pissed me off that I didn't realize it was the midseason finale, so we have to wait to find out what happens with everyone....  SPOILERS BELOW...

Really, really pissed that they offed Daniel.  That escalated quickly and felt cheap and unnecessary.  It felt like they just didn't know where to go with his character, so they just found a disjointed, confounding way to quickly off him with little explanation.  The progression of the sequence that led to his demise didn't make all that much sense either.  I'm theorizing that the "point" behind it was he convinced himself he was less than human and soulless after having killed as a child, so he "died" in spirit long ago, although he continued to be haunted by his deeds...  and so, this was his only catharsis.  That is BS.  He did so many other things up to this point that showed he still had humanity, and plenty of it.  Killing him off just doesn't sit well with me.

Other than that, Travis and Chris are just losing my interest.  Yes, that wss an intense and well done confrontation between the two of them, but his kid just tried to kill him...  so, he decides to help him by going off in the wilderness with him?  Lol.  Dude is gone.  I mean, Rick went crazy for awhile at the prison in TWD, but he wasn't actively trying to kill innocent people either.  Chris is just shell.

I get Nick is disappointed in his family, but what is his plan and what's the alternative now?  The writers also seemed to take him down a weird, unreasonable, unnecessarily insane rabbit hole with his explanation of his views last night.  It also makes less sense when juxtaposed with his initial actions in the series premiere at the church and the death/reanimation of his drug dealer friend in season 1.

Regardless, Nick and Strand make it still worth tuning into, but i feel like they made a lot of mistakes last night.

Well, we don't know if he's dead, I didn't feel it was a confirmation really.    I defended this show early but the last few weeks have them doing the same dumb stuff as TWD, sadly.

Edit:  Guess most think he's a goner, so yeah :(

Briefly things kind of got interesting, but once it again it all kind of fell apart.

Nick has a lot of potential as a character, but it's being pretty much wasted.

Chris just needs to be killed off, i feel bad for the actor. He is considerably more annoying than any character in the history of TWD.

It would really suck if Daniel is gone.  I prefer this to TWD and he is the main reason.  There are other characters that I like but Daniel is by far my favorite and I doubt I would enjoy the rest as much if he is not around.  It would not make much sense for him to just die there though. I do hold out hope though if only because leaving Ophelia to brave this world alone and without his protection would be completely out of character for him.

The whole way it ended for Nick was stupid but I like that his character keeps using the whole blood and guts camouflage.  To me the dumbest thing in TWD is that they so rarely use this.  Carol at Terminus and then the group when pinned down in Alexandria are the only times I remember in recent seasons.  I would use that every time I went anywhere.

In finally caught up on the show. This was the weakest episode of the season. I liked how things were moving along, and I thought that the tension between Celia and Madison would be a cool thing to work with fire a few weeks. See Nick's character grow, develop the relationships between the main characters, and let them learn more about the world.

Then they decided to blow up everything. I am Team Daniel all the way, and his mental breakdown is random. In mean wtf..

My hope is they get back to better episodes in August !

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

In finally caught up on the show. This was the weakest episode of the season. I liked how things were moving along, and I thought that the tension between Celia and Madison would be a cool thing to work with fire a few weeks. See Nick's character grow, develop the relationships between the main characters, and let them learn more about the world.

Then they decided to blow up everything. I am Team Daniel all the way, and his mental breakdown is random. In mean wtf..

My hope is they get back to better episodes in August !

Agreed, the whole thing felt very rushed like they had to make sure they ended the mid-season with a bang sort of thing so they threw it together.  By far the weakest show of the series, really the first one I did not like.

Yeah, I liked this show a lot but they've run it off the rails.  No clue where they're going...  it just got bizarre. 

I was hoping this would be more of a situational show than TWD but it's become so character driven I don't like it nearly as much as I did.

Could they just not have had a plan for season 2?

Archived