• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams trade to Number 1

jdpanther5

Just now, brandon_87 said:

If they take Wentz and he plays,  it'll make my trip to L.A. a fun one, watching our D destroy him

I think Keenum gets the first 4-8 games for the Rams to give Wentz/Goff time to adjust so it probably depends on when we play them.

Just don't see a QB worth taking #1 overall.  Goff is probably the closest to pro ready than the others.  I like Lynch the most with his versatility.  Big 6'7 guy who can extend plays with legs.  If managed correctly in the right system and also make the guy get some meat to gain some weight.  could break in half in the league.   

I wonder if TN picking three times ahead of us in the second rd at 33, 43, and 45 will impact our draft strategy - they have some similar needs to us at OT, CB, S, RB.  Then again that might make them a trade partner with us if we feel it is worth it to move up.

Damn!  LA needs to make big moves early and get that first pick, which will be a QB.  Titans have built well for the future with holes still to fill, but they have a great foundation.  Worked out for both teams.  Titans knew the Rams REALLY wanted that 1st pick, and they are set up to where they don't really need it anyway [result of underperforming season, I guess].

4 hours ago, johnnydefence said:

Conceivably, the Titans gave up little and received 6 starters.  

4 of the 1st 45 picks go to the Titans. 

1st round — No. 15 overall
2nd round — No. 33
2nd round — No. 43 (from Rams)
2nd round — No. 45 (from Rams)

Not to mention 2 first round picks next year!

This is the kind of trade that instantly made Dallas a powerhouse in the 90's when they dumped Herschel Walker for every pick the vikings would ever have. well done Tennessee.

The Rams gave up less here than the RG3 trade and they're moving all the way up from 15th overall. If they get a top franchise QB out of this it will be worth it.

Of course if their guy busts (or even if he's middle of the road) then the trade looks really bad for them. It's a lot of eggs to put in one basket but I understand the move.

40 minutes ago, johnnydefence said:

2012?

CO9DDTgWwAEhUjE.jpg-large.jpeg

Pretty good argument that trade didn't work out for either team although WAS at least got a division championship and a trip to the playoffs out of RG3 before every ligament in his body exploded.

9 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Pretty good argument that trade didn't work out for either team although WAS at least got a division championship and a trip to the playoffs out of RG3 before every ligament in his body exploded.

Was pretty comical when the Rams' captains for their game against the Redskins, were all guys they acquired from that trade.

Archived