• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kendall Fuller

Rags

9 minutes ago, 15 said:

Lol what does "win now and in the future"mean? Always win? Isn't that the idea?

if you've watched any Gettleman draft, it's clear as day that he sticks to his board and picks the best player available. Just today he admitted his mistakes when drafting kugbila which he referred to as "drafting for need rather than BPA".

we will not be taking a corner in the first round of this draft and I would gladly make another bet with you.

I could've worded that a lot better but basically what I meant was He drafts players that will help us win asap (Kelvin, Star, Short) and players that are building blocks for the future (Ealy, Shaq). Idk if that's any clearer, I haven't slept in 23 hours.

ANYWAY no, I'm not gonna bet with you because...that's not what I ever argued.Ever. In fact both those points I made in my post. I said in my OP Josh changes nothing about how we draft, and that if we take Fuller, it'll be in the 2nd, so, uhhhhhhhh.

All I said is Fuller probably has a first round grade on him, like Ealy and Funch did.

Wrote about him here in March. Check it out. It's a lot to like about Kendall Fuller's game.

Fuller’s alignment varied in those seven games, but he played 74% of his 176 snaps charted on the outside. 22 snaps were played in the nickel position, and 23 were played inside the box as a linebacker. Fuller lined up as the boundary corner, nickel or linebacker on 87 snaps. Fuller lined up as a field defender on 81 snaps, with 8 snaps lined up in the middle of the field so you could not determine the field or boundary. Fuller blitzed on 24 snaps and got 2 sacks. He also had a strip sack against Purdue where he lined up as the boundary corner outside, and chased the quarterback down from his blindside chopping his arm as he made the tackle for loss. The fumbled was then scooped and scored by one of his teammates.

Fuller was in zone coverage on 24 snaps, with most coming in cover 3 or deep third of the field. While in cover 3, opposing quarterbacks had a 67% success percentage while throwing in his zone. Fuller was in cover 3 on 14 snaps, and was targeted on 3 plays. He allowed 2 of those targets into completions in his zone. While playing cover 2/ flat, Fuller gave opposing quarterback another 67% while throwing into his zone. He was in cover 2/ flat on 5 snaps, and had some success while in the flats. In 2014 versus the University of North Carolina, Fuller played a sinking covers 2, 8 yards of the line of scrimmage. Fuller was reading the quarterback, and exploded out of his stance to jump the slant route. Fuller beat the receiver to the spot, under cutting the route, and made a difficult catch behind him, and scored on a pick six.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/Blog/fl/Kendall-Fuller-CB-Virginia-Tech-Film-Analysis.htm

I'm a Hokie alum but he just didn't show as much impact as some of our awesome DBs have done in the past.  I don't know what it is but I'm usually super high on our guys coming into the league but I'm hesitant with Fuller. 

It's understandable to now look at a CB as a more likely pick in the draft, but Fuller or any CB will have to be the BPA on the Panthers' eval sheet. If there's one certainty at this point regarding Gman and the draft, it's that he's gonna go BPA, no matter who we have or don't have on the current roster.

No way in round 1.  Round 2 yes. His injury isn't the whole reason he has fallen.  His first 2 seasons he looked like a stud top 15 pick but even prior to his injury this past season he didn't look that great.

I like William Jackson in the 1st, he screams Norman replacement.  Big fast Athletic corner who is a perfect fit for our zone scheme.  Just needs to develop that Norman edge/chip.

Fuller's alright, but Artie Burns is my favorite CB prospect in this draft. The guy is going to be a complete monster, and especially if he lands here. Compares to Darius Slay and I think he'll be even better than him... And Slay's up there with the best right now. And Burns would be a huge piece for McD's and Wilks' blitz packages. I would take Burns at 30 even.

We'd have to trade up for WJIII I the first and Fuller in the second. What did we give up for Funch last year to move up? Id be on with moving up in round 2 this year for Fuller...he is one of my faves in this draft.

If Josh does sign by 5/12, we should get a 3rd round comp next year, so maybe Getts sends a '17 3rd as part of a package to move up in round 2.

Archived