• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Musician Prince Dead at 57

DirtyMagic97

I remember my "turning point" with Prince.  I was a long haired Metal Head that thought Maiden and Priest were the end all and be all of music.  Queensryche and Fates Warning were the bands of the day and no little black androgynous funk musician (that was probably a ***) was worthy of my attention.  I was of course a fan of the old school guitar Gods and the rock icons of the past but Jimi was (and is still) the top of the mountain.

My wife and I were newlyweds and we were looking at shows to go to.  She wanted to go to Prince and I wanted to see Pink Floyd but neither of us wanted to see the other show.  So we struck a deal that she would go with me to see Floyd and I would go to see the "little freak".

The Delicate Sound of Thunder show was great.  Lovesexy BLEW MY fuging MIND.

Prince was simply magnificent.  His guitar prowess was right up there with all of the shredders of the day and his showmanship was unparalleled.  I was a fan before I left the stadium and have been a massive fan ever since.

His passing is such a loss.

I looked at my coworkers today and said, "Now I know how my dad felt when John Lennon was shot." I was just floored...

One of, if not the most gifted musical genius I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and one of the major reasons I got into music as a kid. I will certainly miss his works, and feel the world just got a little sadder for this loss.

RIP Mr. Kid.

I really felt depressed all day yesterday.  This sucks.

I was reminiscing with my wife about how when we were dating as teens (in 2003 mind you), one night on the phone I was playing Prince and singing Little Red Corvette to her...

His ability to convey a sense of place, time, and an emotion through his music is unparalleled.  And i related to the themes of being cocky, assertive, and confident in one song to being vulnerable, insecure, and unsteady the next.  It was like he read my mind and put it to music, lol.

I was sad when Michael Jackson died, but you kind of knew that wasn't going to end well.   But, this is so much more unexpected and I think why the sadness is lingering a lot longer, personally.

I'm still in shock by this news.This reminds me of when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston died. I've been listening to his music all day yesterday. It was great to see people all over the world honoring him. 

RIP Prince!!!

PURPLE REIGN, PURPLE REIGN

EDIT: Yes, I intentionally put "reign" instead of "rain."

:)

Last night my wife goes digging through her stuff and finds me a ticket stub from a Prince concert during the LoveSexy Tour- 1988 at the Nassau Coliseum in NY.... it was $8.00.... her and her brother went, she was 18, he was 15 and he still swears this is the best show he ever saw. 

On 4/21/2016 at 2:04 PM, Proudiddy said:

I'm at a loss...  such a legend.

Just shocking and sad.  He's one i thought would live forever.  One of the greatest singers, songwriters, composers, creative minds, artists, multi-instrumentalists, and entertainers the world has ever seen and ever will see.

Just unbelievable. 

I knew he wasn't gonna live forever, but I certainly thought he'd live past 57.

Archived