• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: we only had one guy rated higher when we picked Bradberry, a defensive tackle

CatMan72

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nope. Had Bradberry ranked higher. 

now this is interesting ....the Saints obviously thought we were going to take Bell. Gettleman might have pulled a fast one on them making them panic and trade picks 

50 minutes ago, Bartin said:

The real question I have is did the Saints steal Vonn Bell from us. We did have pre-draft visits with him.

Bell seemed like a safe pick but far more JAG than future star.

I would love to hear Gettleman's thoughts on our division rival's drafts. He had to be laughing seeing the Falcants not draft pass rush help, the Stains trading up to draft a Canadian in the 4th, and the Sucs trading up to draft a kicker in the 2nd.

Gettleman would probably never do that, but I'm hoping he keeps notes. When Gettleman leaves us (cringe), it would be interesting to publicly display or release those notes and see what he thought at the time, like a presidential library type of arrangement.

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

now this is interesting ....the Saints obviously thought we were going to take Bell. Gettleman might have pulled a fast one on them making them panic and trade picks 

Same brain trust that could have had KB, Kony, Trai, Tre, and Bene, and only got Brandin Cooks.

1 hour ago, Benotheking said:

He also said when they picked Daryl Worley one team two spots behind text them   you took our player

Can't be......several huddlers told me that he was a 6th round guy or maybe even UDFA

2 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Can't be......several huddlers told me that he was a 6th round guy or maybe even UDFA

Agreed here but it sounds strange to me that teams are txting each other talking about 'you stole our player'...you think Gman would txt another GM and be like "hey dat was my guy"? Sounds like BS but sure it could be true...could also be Gman finding new ways to validate himself to these media goofs that keep questioning him despite his record.

The Eagles were two spots behind us.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Agreed here but it sounds strange to me that teams are txting each other talking about 'you stole our player'...you think Gman would txt another GM and be like "hey dat was my guy"? Sounds like BS but sure it could be true...could also be Gman finding new ways to validate himself to these media goofs that keep questioning him despite his record.

The Eagles were two spots behind us.

After the fact, yes....I can believe they text.  The guys in the front offices of the NFL are a close bunch.  They talk all the time. 

Just now, MadHatter said:

After the fact, yes....I can believe they text.  The guys in the front offices of the NFL are a close bunch.  They talk all the time. 

Good point...I was thinking during the draft but yea it makes sense that it could happen well after the fact.

33 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Well, there you go. Gettleman will relax his BPA philosophy if said BPA is going to come into a total log jam. Can't really be mad at that.

Some are saying that drafting 3 CB's is a log jam, and/or he only did it to make sure we got one who'd stick. Can't please everyone. 

My only complaint with Gman was that he kept claiming to stick to that 'always the BPA', when he should have left himself a back door when BPA kept coming up DT, and we were in such bad shape in the CB dept.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Good point...I was thinking during the draft but yea it makes sense that it could happen well after the fact.

Or even during the draft.....after the pick was in.  You have to remember that players, coaches, GM's, etc are very good friends with many on other teams.  Unlike fans, they don't hate each other.  I think people would be surprised at exactly how much they talk to each other.

Archived