• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few photos and observations from Saturday

Jeremy Igo

Worley stopped and signed autographs for a few fans. There were much fewer fans out there this year than last. Probably due to no marquee high round offensive player. 

panthers-rookie-camp-1.jpg

Jeremy Cash has his work cut out for him if he plans on making the roster. He does look like his frame could put on another 15 pounds pretty quickly, that is the good news. 

panthers-rookie-camp-2.jpg

Charlotte's own Braxton Deaver out of Duke is expected to get a camp invite. My advice to him? Special teams, special teams, special teams. Be first down field and get some tackles. 

panthers-rookie-camp-3.jpg

panthers-rookie-camp-12.jpg

Vernon Butler's build reminds me a lot of Trai Turner actually. Wide, wide body. 

panthers-rookie-camp-4.jpg

Diggin Coach McDermott's hat. May need to acquire one for OTA's

panthers-rookie-camp-5.jpg

A look at the size difference in Byrd and Garrett. 

panthers-rookie-camp-6.jpg

Speaking of Garrett... was so impressed by his hands on Saturday. He did have a couple drops, but he really gets his hands around the ball nicely. I did not see one "body catch"

panthers-rookie-camp-11.jpg

panthers-rookie-camp-7.jpg

Damiere Byrd was once again running the end around on offense, and once again leaving all players in the dust. This kid has amazing speed. 

panthers-rookie-camp-9.jpg

Steve Wilks was in the ear of these three guys probably 85% of rookie camp. I doubt that changes from OTA's and on into training camp. They need to be brought up to speed, and fast. This will leave Richard Rodgers to coach up the safeties. 

panthers-rookie-camp-10.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Speaking of Garrett... was so impressed by his hands on Saturday. He did have a couple drops, but he really gets his hands around the ball nicely. I did not see one "body catch"

Gman note to staff- 'get a Cam pass catcher with catcher mitts for hands'. Garrett may have small hands for a guy his size, but they're big enough for a WR.

Appreciate the write up. Only question I have is does Deaver look to have decent speed? And will we keep 3 TEs on the 53 man? Or are Deaver/Sandland fighting for PS? Probably too early to tell but I'm curious. I wouldn't mind unloading Dixon if these guys can block.

3 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Appreciate the write up. Only question I have is does Deaver look to have decent speed? And will we keep 3 TEs on the 53 man? Or are Deaver/Sandland fighting for PS? Probably too early to tell but I'm curious. I wouldn't mind unloading Dixon if these guys can block.

Hard to say when he is playing against tryout LB's. I did see him make a nice grab by getting by Cash, so there is that. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

We pretty consistently kept 3 TEs on the roster last year, and active most games.  Here's what the situation looked like for FB & TE week by week last season:

FB&TE.png

In weeks 3 -5  we only had 2 TEs on the roster, but all the other weeks we had 3, and all but 2 weeks 3 TEs were active, including the post-season.

Archived