• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Glad the NFL isn't like the NBA

Castavar

Truth be told I didn't even want Durant until I heard we'd match any offer for Barnes if we didn't get Durant. I'd much, much, much rather have KD for two years at $54MM than Barnes for four years at $96MM. 

KD for $27MM per year or Harrison Barnes for $24MM per year is kind of a no brainer, especially since I think they both scored the same amount of points in The Finals. 

1 hour ago, Montsta said:

Truth be told I didn't even want Durant until I heard we'd match any offer for Barnes if we didn't get Durant. I'd much, much, much rather have KD for two years at $54MM than Barnes for four years at $96MM. 

KD for $27MM per year or Harrison Barnes for $24MM per year is kind of a no brainer, especially since I think they both scored the same amount of points in The Finals. 

Oh no doubt lol Anytime you can replace Barnes with Durant you do it. Hell, if you can get a sandwich and a beer for Barnes you do it. Replace Barnes' misses with Durant in those Finals and you sweep the Cavs, just like y'all will next year. And then y'all get Zaza for only $2.9 million after the league went full retard giving bench players ridiculous money? That is borderline collusion lol

Truth be told, even when y'all lose you still win. That Finals loss lasted around 2 weeks lol

3 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

My problem with GSW getting Durant is that if Durant is cold, good luck getting shots to get out of the funk, same goes with Steph and Klay, good luck jacking up shots trying to find your rhythm if you're cold .. then it becomes, what are the chances Klay, Steph, KD are all cold on the same night ... not likely, but there is only 1 ball .. I don't think KD going there is going to be a good fit

EDIT: It's overkill ... Al Horford to GSW made better sense for the Warriors than KD, they need that type of game but they didnt get Horford for whatever reason and then got Durant who is better than Horford but who's game might not be great with all the other shooters around

KD to me is a guy who should be the #1 scoring option on a team, a team like the Celtics, instead he wants to play third fiddle for some reason

I wanted Whiteside myself. I thought a young interior presence getting blocks and rebounds would be a godsend, but then what do I know?

On 7/4/2016 at 4:17 PM, Panther53521 said:

Didnt Deion Sanders do the same thing in the 49er's-Cowboys days?

Lebron would have never went back to Cleveland if they didnt have a Superteam waiting on him.

Not to get too much into the NBA but...

If Cleveland was was such a superteam how come Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gasol, or any of the other NBA free agents didn't try to get to Cleveland before Lebron ended up there in 2014?

Melo literally flew all across the country trying to find a team he could play on that would compete for rings. He went to Houston, he went to Dallas, he went to LA, and he continually flew to Chicago and tried to work out a deal with Chicago...never once did Melo or any other free agent even visit the "awaiting Superteam" that was the 2014...33 win...Cleveland Calivers.

Suddenly, the minute Lebron announces he is returning to Cleveland message board posters explode with "Cleveland is stacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nevermind the fact that if Wade had ended up in Cleveland...and Lebron in Washington...we would be talking about how "stacked the Wizards are" and paying little to no attention to a deeply faulted and boarder-line playoff Cavs team. 

End rant.

24 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

sucks to be Westbrook...

I think westbrook will be traded before the season starts.  He is leaving okc after this year, would be best for them to get something now before he walks and they are stuck with nothing in return.

33 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I think westbrook will be traded before the season starts.  He is leaving okc after this year, would be best for them to get something now before he walks and they are stuck with nothing in return.

I hope he does for his sake. he went from playing for a legit contender, to living in OKC.

To be honest, I was surprised OKC was able to hang onto Durant the first time around.  Who dafuq wants to live in OKC?!

I don't blame him for chasing a ring.  Lebron did the same thing when he went to Miami.

The biggest thing I don't like in the NBA right now is that the superstars have become all out mercenaries.  They're all signing one or two year deals with player options.  They're not committing to a franchise long-term.  They come in and play it year by year.  That's the downside of having a maximum salary for an individual player.  A superstar doesn't have a lot of incentive to sign long-term.

The Thunder are actually a strong cautionary tale for the Panthers. They built through the draft, developed their young players into superstars. Never made a splash in free agency. People thought they were hot poo for a long time and were the pragmatic ideal of how to run a franchise. (sound familiar?) But then they didn't want to pay Harden, so they let him walk. (sound familiar?) Never returned to the Finals and now all their stars are frustrated that they would never make a splash. Durant left, and now they're going to have to trade Westbrook or let him walk next year. The franchis fell apart.

Archived