• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-Star Game gone?

djp14

Lets go over the reasons this is fuged up...

1. NBA moves it to a state that voted against a bill that would stop LGBT discrimination 

2. Louisiana wants a similar bill to HB2.

3. The NBA continues to push the game on China. Need I explain how fuged up China is?

4. This hurts the city that was fighting against discrimination.

5. fug McCrory.

Guest Guest

Michael Jordan and The Hornets released a statement stating that they did not support HB2 and the NBA still moved the game. But its not the first time the NBA has screwed Charlotte.

If the NBA truly wants to make stand they should move the Hornets "home games" to a temporary location until the law is changed but they will not; it's ok for the hornets to play 41 games in Charlotte but not ok for one all star game to be played in Charlotte. If i'm not mistaking the HB2 law applies to hornets games as well. smh

Guest Guest
23 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Jordan sells the team and/or its relocated.

Breaking the lease would be troublesome.

In a way, I applaud the NBA for pushing through with a thread.   In another, it kind of sucks because Charlotte as a city is pretty liberal and voted against descrimination so it was pretty unfair.  If it was being held in Raleigh that's another matter.    I wish Charlotte would annex itself away from NC and become it's own state lol, Texas style.  

Archived