• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[Video] Ted Ginn.. the forgotten WR

bLACKpANTHER

On 7/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, the_philosopher said:

Only player in NFL who runs out of bounds multiple times in a highlight reel.

But hey, you can't fumble that way. 

Ted Ginn Jr. weighs 185 lbs soaking wet.

Speed is his game, not physicality.  Unless, of course, you prefer our main speed threat standing on the sideline with a separated shoulder or broken collarbone.

17 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Speed is his game, not physicality.  Unless, of course, you prefer our main speed threat standing on the sideline with a separated shoulder or broken collarbone.

He's no dummy. Running out of bounds puts him in position for the next play instead of putting him in concussion protocol. 

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

OK, but I guess I got used to seeing this from our undersized speed receiver:

78353853-carolina-wide-receiver-steve-sm

I really think that if Ginn had better hands he would be considered one of the better receivers in the league. He isn't a crisp as Brown or Beckham but he is much faster and in long routes he gets away from guys without being as crisp. Really loved when the Panthers got him in 2013 and again in 2015. 

On 7/29/2016 at 1:35 PM, the_philosopher said:

Only player in NFL who runs out of bounds multiple times in a highlight reel.

But hey, you can't fumble that way. 

I remember one of the all time leading rusher, Emmitt Smith routinely ran out of bounds when he was close to the sidelines. It was a big reason he lasted as long as he did and become the all-time leader rusher. He avoided unnecessary contact. Compare that to backs like Earl Campbell who sought out contact and had a short career due to the pounding he took.

As for receivers that avoided contact, Jerry Rice typically avoided contact and went down when collisions were inevitable. Seemed to work out for him...

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I remember one of the all time leading rusher, Emmitt Smith routinely ran out of bounds when he was close to the sidelines. It was a big reason he lasted as long as he did and become the all-time leader rusher. He avoided unnecessary contact. Compare that to backs like Earl Campbell who sought out contact and had a short career due to the pounding he took.

As for receivers that avoided contact, Jerry Rice typically avoided contact and went down when collisions were inevitable. Seemed to work out for him...

Ginn ran out of bounds in the superbowl. THE SUPERBOWL.

Archived