• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If... (regarding the safeties)

Mr. Scot

If it can be done under the salary cap...

If he can pass a physical...

If he's still playing at a half-decent level... (haven't followed him for a while)

And if he's still a free agent, which I believe he is after being cut by the Jags... (last I remember seeing)

The Panthers might want to take a look at bringing back Marlon McCree.

I don't think Quinton Teal is doing the job in Chris Harris' spot, and it seems unclear how long harris is going to be out.

I'd need to look further into this to be dead certain, but this is my thinking at the moment.

I actually had this same thought when I was rewatching some old 2005 Panther highlights. He would probably do a better job than Teal, but since he is getting a little older he might be prone to get beat deep with speed. If I remember correctly he did a good job with the Chargers for his stint there but having him back in a Panther uniform would be a somewhat better option for a short term solution.

When will you guys get the message...Godfrey is the problem. Teal is playing fine considering he is a back up and did not get a lot of reps at the position. Godfrey needs to be replaced, period. He is not a qualified started.

Yeah you have a good point. I saw many times yesterday when Godfrey would be chasing after a receiver that he should have been covering and he seems lost in coverage at times.

In my opinion, right now the entire secondary looks for three reasons:

A) They are learning a new system

B) The system they are learning doesn't fit our secondary (but fits our LBs well)

C) They are an average group in aggregate in terms of talent

If you want to bring someone in, bring in someone who has played Cover Two zone extensively.

It's on the corners, not the safeties in my opinion. I'd be fine if we were playing Cover 2 man instead of Cover 2 zone. Gamble wouldn't look so crappy.

All that said, if these guys can learn and just be average, I think the linebackers are so strong on this team that we can make up for it. Marshall is actually good at reading the run and stopping guys that are trying to get outside. Once they learn, I think we can be average against the pass. Maybe slightly above average. But with the current lot at secondary, I don't see us being remotely intimidating against the pass anytime soon.

Archived