• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'We've got something only God can give us: size, speed and strength.'

top dawg

In the latest AP article on Devin Funchess (maybe by Joe Person, IDK), Cam Newton has great expectations for Funchess and his receiving corps, and suggests that having triple towers is optimally advantageous and beneficial in today's NFL, notwithstanding AB and OBJ.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Funchess will replace Jerricho Cotchery in the starting lineup, giving Newton another huge target to go along with the 6-5, 250-pound Benjamin and 6-5, 255-pound tight end Greg Olsen in the passing game.

Funchess replacing J-Co. I never really thought of it like that, but I guess that is what's happening here. 

''The wide receiver position has changed to a degree,'' Newton said. ''You look around the league and see Odell (Beckham), Antonio Brown, those quick little shifty guys. But having a Benji, having Fun(chess), having guys that are 6-5, 6-6 and are able to move and able to jump as well, and you know the average (defensive back) is probably 5-foot-9, 5-10, that size and girth is an edge for you.''

And we still have the speed of Ginn, and perhaps Byrd that whom Cam called "shifty" in another article last week, which basically makes our receiving corps a complete arsenal that I expect Cam to exploit against the opposition.

And FWIW, since I defer to Cam's right to create nicknames for his teammates, Funchess is officially Fun!

Archived