• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Luke have to do to win DPOY over Watt?

Wundrbread33

He should beat Watt for it every year, if there was any justice. Watt is the most overrated player in the league. He is good, no doubt about it, but the way he plays actively hurts his team and makes the Texans defense as a whole far worse.

If he had to line up against an LT every snap, he would be a good DE, as noteworthy as a Mario Williams or Cam Wake. But they give him the freedom to pick his own spot, at the expense of his teammates. If he notices a guard or center (sometimes even lines up on the TE) is getting beat a lot, he says "that's my guy now, go to the bench while I take your spot," and then proceeds to abuse the weakest spot on the line.

Then, surprise surprise, the Texans defense continues to suck somehow despite having the greatest player of all time!

The good news is that the Broncos are starting to give this freedom to Von Miller, which will severely hamper their defense in the future.

9 minutes ago, Bronn said:

lol Watt gets to play against Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota, and Andrew Luck for 6 games each year... Yes, they are all young, but Watt has honestly cut his teeth on teams with bad QB situations...

To be fair, Luke gets to tackle TEs and WRs who are passed the ball by Brees and Ryan. And tackle Martin and Freeman as well. Sort of works out for his numbers.

4 hours ago, coralreefer_1 said:

He doesnt need to be DPOY. Luke has been taking titles and praise since the beginning. I only wish I were Luke...but if i were....and at this point...DPOY is just some bullshit title that is pretty on the wall...but its not  " ring" and therefor doesnt mean poo

It means poo when you want your MLB to go down as the greatest of all time.

Luke needs to work on his brand to beat out JJ Watt.

A reality show. A party cruise. Sell pizza. Subway commercials. Develop a pregame ritual and a celebration dance. Visit the media outlets more often as a guest host. Marry a supermodel. Date a Kardashian. Snapchat with celebrities and billionaires.

Luke just spends too much time studying game film. Not sure he can do what is needed to lock up DPOY without stepping out of the film room.

Archived