• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riverboat Ron feels disrespected

sharkkiller

16 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Complain about the schedule but not about Cam being head hunted lol. 

I have a serious side eye towards this organization right now. 

You should.  This organization paid $13+ million for an All-Pro DE to play in Tampa, Florida on September 7, 2014, when there are dozens if not hundreds of reasons, literally, why paying him a very small fraction of that makes far more sense in Charlotte, North Carolina, on September 18, 2016.

12 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

You should.  This organization paid $13+ million for an All-Pro DE to play in Tampa, Florida on September 7, 2014, when there are dozens if not hundreds of reasons, literally, why paying him a very small fraction of that makes far more sense in Charlotte, North Carolina, on September 18, 2016.

3 minutes ago, aussiePanther said:

Not sure whatever that was deserves a response but I'll try-most Panther fans were excited about opening in Denver for many reasons, and pissed at the league's hypocritical handling of our MVP QB and All-Pro DE for good reasons.  I don't think any less of RR, who was obviously livid over our DE as well, publically, but I don't think complaining more about the schedule was constructive at this point.

6 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Not sure whatever that was deserves a response but I'll try-most Panther fans were excited about opening in Denver for many reasons, and pissed at the league's hypocritical handling of our MVP QB and All-Pro DE for good reasons.  I don't think any less of RR, who was obviously livid over our DE as well, publically, but I don't think complaining more about the schedule was constructive at this point.

Not mentioning his name doesn't make him any less relevant to this thread mate. Just stop.

Two things: first, how did this thread end up with posts about a certain ex player? For the love of all that is holy, please just stop.

Second,  complaining about the officiating is fine for a fan but downright stops for a player or coach. Our certainly would not make them more likely to call things your way in the future. To say nothing of possible fines. 

Pointing out that the scheduling sucks does neither of those, but instead lets the league know how he feels. 

2 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

Well I see THIS has turned into a Ron-bashing thread. 

Logic and reason aren't welcome here I guess.

Everyone is looking for a scapegoat instead of just being mad at the NFL and the broncos.....

Fug all the Ron haters. Direct that poo towards the NFL, the refs, and the Broncos.

Speak up against the shield, and get butt-fugged. Guarantee Rivera would have a larger fine than the Broncos players had he lashed out.

League reputation > Player safety 

i mean when's the last time this team opened week 1 at home? we always seem to have to travel for random reasons. i'd love to open at home against anyone. plus strategically, it would have been better to play denver after a few weeks or so: our run D would have been better, we'd have tape on siemian, and bradberry would be further broken in. yeah, of course the nfl and plenty of fans would be excited about playing a superbowl rematch opening thursday night. but who fuging cares about that, if we would have been better situated to win later, i'd rather win and i'm sure that is part of Ron is annoyed about-- since mcdermott mentioned those things being an issue before.

what does it matter if we play on monday night or thursday night? why should anyone here care about bringing our team to the nation? we aren't a beloved nfl team with calls that go our way, our star qb is not gonna be the manning or brady guy-- he'll be hated by many forever not even respected for his work, we aren't made to be NFL darlings. when networks look back at the cam/luke era, we won't be held up as a shining example, we'll still be hated, we'll be the team that was there despite the powers that be. we'll be cocky assholes who like to dance, we'll be the whiny team who are 'sore losers' when things didn't go their way, we'll be the best team in an era where the new nfl is coming into being-- black qbs, running qbs, social activism, wife beaters, concussions.

all that poo and no nobody is gonna know how great our team is to its community and how they keep a level of decorum above many other teams, they won't know all the ways cam is impacting nc and sc and the children in those states. part of the thing is that outsiders don't want to know-- they wanna hate us-- they need a team to hate and we're it. 

so fug the nfl and fug every fan base that isn't us. i just want to watch my team waste everyone at 1pm on sundays. the rest of the league can keep all their other bullshit.

Archived