• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers may be winning, but fans still acting like losers

@bobbyagnese

The Panthers have been winning a lot lately, but if you watched the fans in the stadium, you'd think they had been watching the Browns for the past two seasons. 

Its terrible really. No one stands and makes noise unless the Jumbotron tells them to. 90% of fans are in their seats at all times. And a lot of spectators still don't know to shut up when the Panthers have the ball.

I took this picture today seconds after the clock hit 0:00. With about 5 minutes left in the game, fans began to pour out of the stadium. The stadium was maybe 30% full at the 2 minute warning. Check out the seats below the Jumbotron in the picture attached.

Honestly, I'd like to say there is hope for a culture change, but that might not be for another decade.

IMG_1074.JPG

I was at games where it was sub 50 degrees and raining on Monday night football.  I was at a game where there was a monsoon against the Saints and everyone stayed in their seats.

I wasn't there today, but it was hot and the game was looking like a blowout going into the 4th.  Not surprised people left and not surprised by the very end of the game everybody was mostly gone.

Our fans for the most part have been pretty great last few years

I think this type of thing would happen at all NFL stadiums under similar circumstances. I was at a Lions Pats game in 2014 during our bye week in NE and the Lions were getting beat pretty badly and Pats fans were pouring out early in the 4th. Wasn't hot or a long game like this either. Happens at most other sports too in blowouts, or games in hand. To many it makes no sense to stay for meaningless 5-10 minutes left in the game and to watch a bunch of kneeldowns. That's not my way of thinking since I loved seeing Bradberry get his pick and the clock hitting 0:00, but I can understand how non-hardcore fans wouldn't want to stay and would rather just get out of the scramble after the game faster.

Cheese and whiners. 

:) 

Tbh, everybody waiting to see what we really got. No worries. Yeah, it was the 49ers , but so what...Confidence is back , Mercer really lost imo, just need to adjust to the way teams play us now. We lost 50... but they are treating us like we won, even Denver. 

So many choices.. 

Archived