• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be real.

iamhubby1

Let's be real here. There are basically two trains of thought here. Either you believe in what is going on around here. Or you don't.

People throw stats, and metrics, and history, and pbr, and yada yada  at you. And you are conflicted. Your heart says; Fug em', Cam gots this. Your head says; Fug em' , Cam's got this. But the part of you down deep in you belly is saying; What the fug is going on?

Cam and Shula teamed together to lead the league in scoring last year. You do realize that means we were the highest scoring team in the league? Cam got MVP for Pete's sake. Without KB.

Our Defense has been near top 5 for the last 3 years.

Our Coach has won COY twice in the last 3 years.

Our MLB is reminding people how important that MLB position actually is.

Lastly. Fugging Cam. C'mon man.

I mean really???

The ONLY reason to jump ship now. Is if you truly believe that Cam cannot take us where we want to go.

I don't think you need to talk people off of ledges after three games. If people are seriously that upset after 3 games it's time to do some serious self-evaluation. Teams have started terribly in the past and finished very strong. It's not uncommon at all. We lost to two outstanding teams. It happens. Years like last year don't happen all the time so there was no reason to get used to that feeling. It's going to be a long season full of ups and downs but I know the character of this team and truly beleive we will have another successful season. Sit back and enjoy the ride and remember it is just football. It isn't life or death. 

XOXO

edit: I'll  be honest I only reas like three sentences of your post so my reply may not make any sense. But whats new. 

Tim the tool man Taylor for president

22 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think you need to talk people off of ledges after three games.

...and yet with some of the threads on here you'd be forgiven for thinking that's exactly what needs to be done.

But, Huddle gonna Huddle

And after we trounce Atlanta next week everyone now talking about how bad we are will then be joining the chorus of people making fun of people who thought the worst and people will be seriously asking about the possibility of going 14-2 this year.

42 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think you need to talk people off of ledges after three games. If people are seriously that upset after 3 games it's time to do some serious self-evaluation. Teams have started terribly in the past and finished very strong. It's not uncommon at all. We lost to two outstanding teams. It happens. Years like last year don't happen all the time so there was no reason to get used to that feeling. It's going to be a long season full of ups and downs but I know the character of this team and truly beleive we will have another successful season. Sit back and enjoy the ride and remember it is just football. It isn't life or death. 

XOXO

edit: I'll  be honest I only reas like three sentences of your post so my reply may not make any sense. But whats new. 

Tim the tool man Taylor for president

To be honest. you probably read two sentences more than most folks do when they respond to an OP. And to be honest, once again,  the third sentence was probably the most important one anyway. So, if you got to that one, we good.

22 minutes ago, aussiePanther said:

...and yet with some of the threads on here you'd be forgiven for thinking that's exactly what needs to be done.

But, Huddle gonna Huddle

And after we trounce Atlanta next week everyone now talking about how bad we are will then be joining the chorus of people making fun of people who thought the worst and people will be seriously asking about the possibility of going 14-2 this year.

Wasn't it Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black that said/: "Humans are smart. People are stupid."?

To me. There are 3 possible outcomes this week. 1. We lose, and the sky is falling. (Which it may be if that happens.) 2. We win, and fears are abated somewhat. 3. We spank them, and there will be great rejoicing.

I am rooting for 3. Will settle for 2. And am praying against 1.

I don't know what some are trying to read into but we are well past the losses that create the whole "oh my gawd we're awful" attitude.  Those trying to frame there's more people on the sky falling page are reaching hard for soft fans rather than attacking hard truths.  

I've seen valid, reasoned, & dickish criticism that is all valid for the most part.  Most important--Knowing how talented we are, we should turn it around.  Threads that are anti-Shula, accepting Cam may have had a bad game, that we have a poor pass-rush, etc. are not people saying the team is falling apart...they are saying exactly what they are trying to say.      

Hard truths do not indicate failure, they indicate hard truths.  We're arguably the most talented team in the league.  No need to pretend the majority is claiming otherwise.  

1 hour ago, stankowalski said:

What is costing us big time right now are penalties, special teams and turnovers.  I feel like 2 out of 3 of those can be fixed.  I'll let you decide which one I have no faith in being fixed for the foreseeable future.  

We're fine. 

Now you have to admit, that under Ron, we are usually the more disciplined team. I mean hellz, we kept Norman in check for the most part. But yeah, those turnovers are starting to pile up.

1 hour ago, Moose87Banks said:

Watching the game has become a chore. I can't enjoy and think.. hey at least their trying to do the right thing. You can't preach to the fans about winning in the trenches then get absolutely obliterated in them.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

IMO, they actually thought we were going to be ok. For the most part, Oher, and Remmers played well. For the most part, our kids at DE, not so much. They put their eggs in that basket, only to find out their eggs may not be good enough. I can't blame them for trying. I can however, blame them if I am wrong.

I mean we did have a top 10 Defense. We did lead the league in points. Is it now fair to think you might actually see growth on top of that? It just happened to not pan out so far. Who knows?

3 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It's also starting to get annoying anytime refs dictate the game we can't seem to overcome it.

This to the n-th power. Everyone I've ever talked to that has played sports has said that you never leave the game in the hands of the refs. Our goal should be to score so many points of our own, ando hold the opponent to so few, that ref bias won't hurt us. But that's not the style football we play under the current regime

Archived