• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What kind of a record would make Richardson pull the trigger?

unicar15

Fox doesnt have what it takes to win a Super Bowl, let alone post back to back winning seasons. For that alone, he should be fired. He's a 7-9 coach. With that said, I dont think wins or losses will determine whether JR pulls the trigger. I think the half empty stadium you'll see here by midseason if we continues losing will convince him enough. I dont know why the owner, the FO, and the Panther propaganda team doesnt think things can turn into 2001 all over again here. Not all of us became fans of this team when we went to Super Bowl, some of us were here before that and remember how off the radar Panthers football was locally in the late 90s-early 2000s.
that in itself would be a good argument for cowher. of all the presumably available HCs out there, cowher would sell tickets.

should that be the sole reason he is hired? no. it is just another reason that he makes sense.

as long as we get a head coach that has a DC that doesnt prefer cover 2 then Im all for it

Yea I think after all these years we could use a more in your face, get after you type of defense.

I want them to attack.

I'd rather them lose trying everything they can, than to lose slow and painful.

Oh, I don't know... 0-16?

Why would the team owner want to ditch the winningest coach in team history? A coach that never posted a record lower than 7-9? One who took the team to the Super Bowl? Or got them to the playoffs three times in six years?

Maybe because JR needs to get his head out of his ass and realize this is the NFL...not a community experiment, or lifelong dream he always had.

NFL=Business....plain and simple. It's time it starts getting run that way

NFL.......Not Jerry Richardson Football......I'll say it again....NFL=Business

Put up or shut up

Fvck a damn team that can't get over this, and the NFL will do exactly that.....so why can't Jerry see this?

Stale? Oh come on now... Let's look at the history:

2008: Fox gets the running game and O-line into fantastic shape. 30 rushing TDs for the regular season for DWill and Stewart. Throw in a couple more for Jake and Hoover. 30 Frikkin TDs! That's unheard of. Heck, how many teams in history haven't scored 30 total TDs over the course of a season? Offensive line gives up fewest number of sacks in team history. A few come from behind victories keep things very interesting. Panthers capture first round bye in the playoffs for the first time ever. Lose said game embarassingly, gives fans something to grouse about during the offseason.

2007: Ought to give him a Mulligan on this one. However, it was entertaining to see Carr running for his life and screaming like a little girl. Dusts off Vinnie Testaverdi which innovates the use of a walker in the shotgun formation. Veteran receivers and evolving run game makes Matt Moore look like a wunderkind by end of season. No playoff berth, but still a few exciting moments. 7-9, but it coulda been a lot worse, a lot worse.

2006: The Keyshawn Johnson year. 8-8 and a genuine heartbreaker of a year. No real innovations, but Weinke was rolled out for some decent performances.

2005: Fantastic year, as long as you weren't a Carolina running back. Devastating injuries to the running back corps pushes Carolina to a much more pass happy offense. And it works. 11-5 record gets them into the WildCard Playoffs and they overachieve all the way to the NFC Championship when a tired, battered, broken team just can't answer the bell. They could call it a TKO. Definitely not a boring season.

2004: Another season where the team was devastated by injuries. Coming off of the Super Bowl, the team just looked tired and worn out. Still managed 7-9, pretty impressive considering Smitty broke his leg in the season opener and the team had been raided of many veterans in free agency (which often happens after the Super Bowl to the losing team). However, the team was in WildCard contention until the last game of the season where they lost a nailbiter to NO by three points. One kick could have really changed history.

2003: Made it to the Super Bowl. Nothing to see here, move along.

2002: Takes over team with longest consecutive losing streak (at that time) in NFL history. Drags out Rodney Peete and dusts him off as a care taker QB. Starts building a solid, competitive team. 7-9 record much, much better than anyone expected.

Nah, no innovation. Stale right out of the box. Meteor success, burned bright once and then faded. Panthers games are ho-hum, filled with ennui for the inevitable disappointment.

Sheesh.

Like everyone else I was excited for the start of this season, new DC and pretty much a new staff all around (except for Davidson, and *cough* Crossman). I really wanted to see some exciting football and was looking forward to seeing if it would happen, or if Fox is really the control freak that is rumored...

well...

:(

if it were me, 7-9 would get Foxy gone.

Maybe because JR needs to get his head out of his ass and realize this is the NFL...not a community experiment, or lifelong dream he always had.

NFL=Business....plain and simple. It's time it starts getting run that way

NFL.......Not Jerry Richardson Football......I'll say it again....NFL=Business

Put up or shut up

Fvck a damn team that can't get over this, and the NFL will do exactly that.....so why can't Jerry see this?

tread carefully.

Archived