• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason chimes in on Nippleshorts

SCP

He said a lot of the things everyone else has been saying and he's right

“But if you don’t think he’s worth the money or whatever, and let him walk out, address it in free agency. Address it in the draft early. Get some value for him. And then don’t go out there with guys who have no experience.”

Exactly what I thought we should've done. You lose him, that's one thing. But doing basically nothing afterwards is inexcusable. 

3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

if DG spends big $$ last offseason we have a much better chance of winning quickly but a much shorter window of opportunity considering that we would have to let go of KK, Trai/Norwell, etc in FA.

I don't consider 1-5 a year after dominating the league taking advantage of any kind of opportunity.

If we had any kind of window open Gettleman made sure that we didn't prolong it.

4 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

if DG spends big $$ last offseason we have a much better chance of winning quickly but a much shorter window of opportunity considering that we would have to let go of KK, Trai/Norwell, etc in FA.

Not what Beason was saying at all. 

What he was saying, and many other have also, is that Gettleman treated this year like a rebuild year when we just came off a Super Bowl season. DG should've used his money improving the team. Instead he dismantled it and just rolled with what he had.

4 minutes ago, Bozarden said:

I don't consider 1-5 a year after dominating the league taking advantage of any kind of opportunity.

If we had any kind of window open Gettleman made sure that we didn't prolong it.

worst case scenario we finish 1-15. we still have a core that most teams would kill for plus a years experience in the secondary and a high draft pick to address position of need (DE/OT/S). how we play this year doesn't affect our future window of opportunity. sinking lots of $$ into FA's limits what we can do down the road.

5 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Not what Beason was saying at all. 

What he was saying, and many other have also, is that Gettleman treated this year like a rebuild year when we just came off a Super Bowl season. DG should've used his money improving the team. Instead he dismantled it and just rolled with what he had.

i guess you missed the part where i said Gettleman using $$ to improve the team would involve mortgaging the future for the present. the Norman move looks bad but I still would rather go through these growing pains in the secondary than drop an absurd amount of money on a zone CB who is already nearing the end of his prime years as a CB.

Archived