• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron benched Cam looking for a "spark"

AceBoogie

It might have started with a "tie" but I believe him starting DA was more about trying to get something going with the offense. It's not the first time either. He benched Cam in the preseason only for DA to be intercepted. 

I mean look at the first play of the game, Shula rolled DA out to get him what was supposed to be an easy completion to Tolbert. 

Ask yourself this: When have we ever started a game by rolling Cam outside the pocket to get him an early completion and get him in a rhythm? 

First play with Cam: Read option into the teeth of a defense. 2nd and long 

Its like when DA is at quarterback it forces Shula to actually think and with Cam he just tries to capitalize on his athleticism. 

Really can't argue with that. Personal this year is about as bad as coaching. Hopefully Ron will fire Shula and give Norv a call. If not that I know SD is going to can Mike McCoy and that would be a option. I don't really like Rivera and think he should be canned too but if I have to live with Rivera don't make me live with Shula. 

No, I believe it was 100% about violating a team rule. Ron IS the type of guy that would bench the MVP and the team's biggest weapon to prove some petty point like "I'm in charge" just like he basically eluded to with "It was MY decision" after the game.

It is 100% asserting discipline and a hierarchy.

What happened to the Ron that said "Oh I talked to John Madden and he said let guys be themselves and have fun." ????????

The whole team has devolved into this rigid, stubborn, by the book entity that nobody wants to play for, and will ultimately lose more than not.

It starts with Gettleman not getting the players in here to allow us to be talented at more than a couple positions, Rivera for not bringing down the hammer on mediocre play calling and coordination from his assistants, the coordinators for sucking at their jobs, and the players we do have not executing and basically giving up.

We need to clean house, and I flip flop on if that starts with Gettleman. At the very least, Shula HAS to go (hopefully before Sunday,) McDermott needs a good ass-chewing, and the players need to get themselves together and out the guys who don't even want to try.

I can't blame the players much. I wouldn't want to do poo for this organization right now.

1 minute ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

We will never know but if that series had ended with a score or even a long drive, when would Rivera had put Cam in the game?

It was almost like Rivera would have sent a message to the media that the Panthers pathetic season was because of Cam and not on him if that offensive series was successful..

I really fear that this is what this is turning into. They are going to scapegoat Cam rather than stick behind him.

3 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I really fear that this is what this is turning into. They are going to scapegoat Cam rather than stick behind him.

Exactly my point. When has a MVP qb ever been benched for a series for a rule violation. They came out of the gates looking to get DA going. Who knows what would have happened if they scored. A part of me believes it might have turned into DA will finish out the season. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Exactly my point. When has a MVP qb ever been benched for a series for a rule violation. They came out of the gates looking to get DA going. Who knows what would have happened if they scored. A part of me believes it might have turned into DA will finish out the season. 

AB, is there a possibility that if Cam wanted out of his contract, he could leave? If so what would be his options? Another team buying it out, Trade or he faking retirement and then come back?

Archived