• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Cam isn't good at the short, quick throws"

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Lol kid? Cams a grown ass man. 

Its a figure of speech.

My son is the same age as Cam.

Yes, they are both grown-ass men.  To me they are "kids".

I apologize for using such complicated grammatical tricks on your simple mind.

Also how many games this year did I hear game announcers questioning the play calling and personnel groupings and the majority of them were from former players. We attempted two double moves and 1 fade route with Bersin  yesterday than KB and Funchess all year. 

Agree, Cam has outgrown Shula and it's time for a change. Cam can do whatever he's asked to do and will make it work, but he's being asked to do the same old stuff we've done for the past 2 seasons and it's getting him hit and not fooling anyone anymore. 

The Rivera "we do what we do" mentality works for defense, but offenses have to evolve and it sounds like Rivera understands that now. 

6 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Also how many games this year did I hear game announcers questioning the play calling and personnel groupings and the majority of them were from former players. We attempted two double moves and 1 fade route with Bersin  yesterday than KB and Funchess all year. 

The final offensive series yesterday was magical. 

Quick-developing routes, short throws, up-tempo playcalling, etc. are pretty standard in today's NFL. Either the Carolina coaching staff is completely idiotic (which I doubt, given their relative sucessses), or they're deviating for a reason. I'm inclined to go with the latter. 

37 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Because the leagues best passing QBs aren't making nickelodeon shows while they should be perfecting their craft. 

But it's cool he won an MVP last season while playing running back. 

Keep whispering that to yourselves while the panthers don't play next week. 

Tom brady is always doing crazy things doing off season..just because you don't hear about it does not mean it is not there..Cam has a great work ethic their has neva been a question of that...the problem lies with the physicality  of hits while in the pocket and mentally being beat up. Not his wirk ethic.  The type of offense we want to run we do nit have the players to run it..going max protection isn't getting it anymore...Olsen has improved in blocking but we need him to be out there catching balls he is the only receiver that Cam will lead because he knows Greg will be where he is suppose to be unlike our other receivers. Dickson and tolbert don't block anyone and stew has been hurt.Our offensive line is a mess and even tho they have blocked well at times it is not a trusted line. The difference with aaron rodgers and tom brady they play with a bad line is that they don't have to trust their linemen they are getting the ball out quick.They trust their receivers..Cam literally can only trust Olsen in the passing game last yr he trusted cotchery but no one else has filled that spot. So when you can not trust your line, refs, playcalling, and receivers this is what you get from Cam Newton.

2 minutes ago, Borat said:

Quick-developing routes, short throws, up-tempo playcalling, etc. are pretty standard in today's NFL. Either the Carolina coaching staff is completely idiotic (which I doubt, given their relative sucessses), or they're deviating for a reason. I'm inclined to go with the latter. 

Cam came from Auburn. He would do fine in a WCO especially if they speed up the tempo and more no-huddle. Ron came from SD and brought Chud with him, so it was easier just keeping the same offense. We just stuck with it. Shula just runs an offense that caters the defense, which Ron likes to win with, his defense.

The read option is done. Cam needs a pro offense from a new OC and QB coach.

He'll still run when needed, but like Aaron Rodgers did last night shredding the Lions D.

You could argue the entire team had peaked under this regime but Rivera is going nowhere so change needs to come where there is a minute chance it might happen.

Archived