• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK vs a Desean Jackson or high $ FA

ncfan

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Personally I rather tag KK this year and do the above and let Butler get one more year under his belt. 

It wasn't under KK's 3rd season he really broke out. It was too bad we didn't get to see more of Butler this year to get a better read on what his potential may be. Butler in 10 games this year registered 1.5 sacks, the exact same number KK had in his rookie year in 16 games.

I agree I would love to franchise him.  Its just beyond that, we give him that long term contract it gets hard to keep key guys along with important FAs

As much as I want KK to stay, I think we can live without him. We were 2nd in sacks with KK having only 6 sacks and a very disappointing season this year. 

It would be nice to have Djax but he's been very inconsistent until this season. Let me guess, contract year? 

I much rather spend that money (KK or Djax) on the real issue of the defense; DE Jason Pierre Paul. CJ is old and a free agent. Addison is also a FA and would you really want to pay him that money for a pure pass rusher only? Ealy was a huge disappointment this season. Not alone, he has done pretty much nothing since we drafted him other than having a monsterous SB performance. 

Star is the strength and core of this DL. Doesn't show up on the stats sheet but he's damn important. I think Butler can give us 6 sacks next season if fully healthy. 

My $$$$ would be at Jason Pierre Paul all day every day. 

44 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I agree I would love to franchise him.  Its just beyond that, we give him that long term contract it gets hard to keep key guys along with important FAs

Then we just use him as a 1 year rental and bank on the player Gettleman just drafted in the 1st round last year. 

KK was invisible at times this season. I think the guys you mentioned (Star, Turner and Norwell) are more important to keep. We don't have guys like Butler sitting behind these players. I liked Butler the college player so I'm willing to part ways with KK after next year assuming Butler lives up to his potential (which I think is high).

We could always draft a kid like KD Cannon if we end up losing out on DJax (who quite frankly probably isn't even on Gettlemans list of FA's he'll even be looking at). Not saying Cannon is DJax, Cannon is essentially Ginn but will attack the ball in the air. Just saying we could use Cannon's speed.

39 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If we can grab a guy like JPP, I think it'd really open up things for KK and we may regret letting him go. But if we're going to just roll with garbage like Ealy and Johnson again I don't really see the point in paying KK all that money.

The only point would be to make sure he doesn't play for another team while we figure out the plan with DE 

1 hour ago, JPino said:

How bout the players stay satisfied with making millions a year instead of being incredibly greedy. It's annoying how much these plays demand to be paid. 

Market sets the rate. Needs owners like the Redskins to stop giving out stupid  money. 

32 minutes ago, lasus83 said:

However, we should be looking at Alshon and not Djax. We already have Djax... in Ginn.

Ginn's been better than Jackson maybe once in their entire careers.  Last season was actually Ted's best and Desean's worst season and they still compare pretty well.

55 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

No it's not. fug you going to take less money for? So they can give it to somebody else? Best believe if you don't take it the next man will. It's a dangerous game and your career can be over at any play. Not to mention the affects it has on you later in life. I never fault a player for getting every dime he can. 

Right. Fug all that noise. I'm going to get as much as I can, because it's the players who have to deal with the aftermaths later in life, and with how greedy the NFL & these owners are, they'll need that extra cash to help with medical bills in the future. 

KK has earned his top 5 contract. He worked his butt off, and was one of the top DT's in the league. Now, if he decides to take a discount, that's cool but I don't blame him for not doing.

For me, it would be like, "Hometown discount?" Ain't no hometown discounts, bih!

It's a shame we still haven't found two guys in the mold of Ginn and Jackson for Cam to throw to that are 5 years younger

But ... I'll take a 30+ year old Ginn and Jackson .. Ginn seemingly hasn't lost any speed

KB should be the surprise cut this season

I won't even go as far as KB being cut that's not likely not even the smallest, but Byrd I think deserves a shot going forward, philly snaps should increase as well. KB and Funchess should be redzone threats as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived