• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Is To Stop The Atlanta Falcons From Dominating The NFC South For The Next 5 Years?

Saca312

16 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

You honestly seem like a nice guy. I like you, so sorry if the below sounds harsh lol.

Anyhow, talk about a stretch.

Johnson has been a solid nickel, and brought about a huge difference in our secondary. Can he be upgradable? Sure, but he's at least a solid starter level guy. He's been a great find by Gettleman.

Every position has a player that could play starter for any other team besides SS. That's a fact.

Name me a position other than SS where there's no obvious starter level player playing.

O-line? Why weren't we always top 5 then if your theory about Cam lifting the o-line is true? Why weren't we successful with Byron Bell and Nate Chandler?

Still waiting.

Gettleman fixed that issue, and it showed in our 15-1 run. You notice that we had different starters, meaning we made a change. He needs to find depth, and that's it. 

Possesion receiver: I'm talking about a guy on 3rd down with hands. I think Funchess and KB can develop into it, but it'll take time.

"It's easy to get out of cap hell." 

Excuse me? If so, why are the Saints about to face a huge blow, and countless organizations spending far too much and ruining their cap?

Quality of draft: not superstars everywhere? Gee, wonder why.

He's picked 25 and below in 3 out of 4 drafts he's had per round. He's found talent with that low of a pick.

You realize that's hard to do, right?

Free Agency: He should've found nothing with the money he's been working with. Instead, he found great servicable vets before their time was up in the NFL. 

Lol, Tillman (age 35: ACL torn) and Allen were ready to retire anyways. Can't do anything about that.

Hardy? Not Gettleman's fault that Hardy decided to beat a girl and go crazy. No one foresaw that, like no one foresaw the sheer amount of injuries this year.

Anyhow, that's it. Take it as it is, but that's my opinion.

Bradberry wouldn't have been a number 1 on many teams 

Boston wouldn't start on any team

Coleman wouldn't start at SS on most NFL teams

Benjaimin wouldn't be a number 1 on at least half the NFL teams. 

Worley wouldn't start on most NFL teams. 

Remmers wouldn't start on any NFL teams.

Ealy wouldn't start on most NFL teams

Oher wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

Ginn wouldnt start on most NFL teams

Johnson would only start on a handful.

Stewart wouldn't be a starter on half the NFL teams.  Are you really trying to tell me,the only plaice to find talent in the draft is in the top 25 picks?

Many more are debatable. Think about it. Cam wouldn't start on the Patriots is an example of what I mean here.

Hardy was never going to be here long term and if you're in such cap he'll you don't waste 10% of the cap on a 1 year rental. He also showed us he knows how to rescind a tag. 

Great or serviceable vets? The truth hurts but blindly ignoring it doesn't change anything.

If this team was loaded with as much talent as you suggest l, then you should be calling for Riveras head, because clearly something isn't adding up.

I'll go point by point:

1. O-line: I like our guards. I have concerns about our left tackle and more importantly, center. Kalil is no young Ugly anymore and I don't have confidence he can last an entire season anymore. Although all his backups have experience now, I still felt that they allowed too much pressure up the middle, something that simply cannot happen. Never mind Oher being one hit away from possible retirement. The upswing is that we have an entire offseason to diagnose all our issues and find ways to compensate, whether it's with new acquisitions or altering our play designs. I can already hear the keyboard warriors ready to say that we won't but I'd say if the coaches want to keep their jobs, they don't have much of a choice.

2. Corners: Lots of promise here. Hard to say it now but if they continue to progress, G-man is going to look like a genius letting Norman go and having his rookie corners play in a season where we were too crippled in other areas to be serious contenders anyways. That said, we do need more depth and a capable safety (funny because that was said exactly 10 years ago with that roster). Bringing in a vet here I think would be a big boost.

3. Cam: There's certainly things the team can do to help him but there's things Cam needs to work on as well. I can't lie. That last game he played was just awful and in most cases, it was all on him. I know he loves the kids but I hope he knows that it's going to be harder to remain their inspiration if he doesn't play better. Play faster, play smarter but never forget that you're allowed to enjoy the game, no matter what others might say.

4. LB and Front Seven: To me, investing here is what I want the most. Just look at how the Texans harassed Tom Brady yesterday. That's a key cog in order to beat just about any playoff team out there. Texans fell short because they had Osweiler as their QB. If that's #1 throwing the ball, we can go all the way.

5. As I mentioned many times already, I had given Gettleman some slack because we were cap restricted for a number of years. That will have to change this offseason but he shouldn't also put us back in a hole again. Basically, still browse through the Dollar Store but then head over to Target.

Just now, panther4life said:

Worley wouldn't start on most NFL teams. 

Last few games as of recent Worley would start for a good bit of teams. He's been solid. 

Remmers wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

I said Daryl Williams starts, not Remmers. I agree

Ealy wouldn't start on most NFL teams

You do know he's not a starter anymore? We use a rotational aspect instead, highlighting each DEs strengths now.

Oher wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

2015 pro bowl alternative top 15 LT Oher wouldn't? I'm sure Broncos would take him in a heartbeat over Okung.

Ginn wouldnt start on most NFL teams

Lol. That's a stretch. He's breaking out with Cam. He looks like a HoFer with drop issues. When he makes the big plays, he makes 'em. 

Johnson would only start on a handful.

He'd still start, wouldn't he? He's been solid.

Stewart wouldn't be a starter on half the NFL teams.  Are you really trying to tell me,the only plaice to find talent in the draft is in the top 25 picks?

1. Put Stewart on FA and watch what happens. He'd be fished up in a heartbeat.

2. Nope. Gettleman found talent with the bottom feeders; far more hits than Hurney and most GMs. You can always find talent.

Gettleman has his chance at finding game-changing talent for the first time of his tenure with pick #8. Expect a homerun.

Hardy was never going to be here long term and if you're in such cap he'll you don't waste 10% of the cap on a 1 year rental. He also showed us he knows how to rescind a tag. 

I can tell you right now everyone agreed to the tag before Hardy went psycho.

Great or serviceable vets? The truth hurts but blindly ignoring it doesn't change anything.

With pennies for spending money, we got a lot of great value. 

@Saca312 I didn't log on to piss you off or discredit your efforts. I know you spent time and thought on this thread. 

Please accept when you post something like this, your inviting differing opinions to share their views with you. So don't take offense to me not agreeing with you. 

I love taking about the panthers, that's why I log on here, not to get into pissing matches with fellow fans. So if we can't agree then cool.

We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this. So have a good night. Don't let the internet get you all wound up. Log off and enjoy the games (I am anyway).

Just now, panther4life said:

@Saca312 I didn't log on to piss you off or discredit your efforts. I know you spent time and thought on this thread. 

Please accept when you post something like this, your inviting differing opinions to share their views with you. So don't take offense to me not agreeing with you. 

I love taking about the panthers, that's why I log on here, not to get into pissing matches with fellow fans. So if we can't agree then cool.

We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this. So have a good night. Don't let the internet get you all wound up. Log off and enjoy the games (I am anyway).

Lol I was never ticked off. I was offering my opinion to your opinion. 

I know you won't agree, just like I don't agree with your opinion.

I just post my side of things just like you did yours. If my replies offended you I'm sorry. Just showing you my opinion to yours.

Just now, arc said:

The problem is Addison is a designated pass rusher and Johnson isn't as good of a run defender as he's been before.  There's a big hole if Ealy doesn't come into his own.  

Getting a big 3 down DE could be big for this team.  And there are actually a handful of good ones to be found in this draft beyond 1 so I'm excited about the possibility.  Could really help this defense, but I agree to prioritize a safety who could be the secondary leader...it's huuuuuge. 

I agree. We need one, but I think we get away with it one more year.

We got other depth issues that are more prevalent, but I won't be surprised to see a DE double dip in 2018.

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

1. Our O-line, When Healthy, Will Be A Top 5 line. Yes, I'm Serious.

Ludicrous, basing anything on a LT who's brain may be mush and played 3 games last year. This type of thinking is what could lead Gettleman into another throw away year as Cam Newton is pounded into submission by the League.

Just now, theDIRTYcode2 said:

No he wouldn't and I'd take that bet 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. It took Matt 2 years to learn the WCO, and by EVERY one on this board Cam can't play in a WCO. Sooo...no.

Of course he wouldn't fit that system.

Those players and line, though, can easily adapt to Cam's specifications, and with that many weapons, he'd excel by far.

I'd bet my salary on that.

Archived