• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ricky Proehl retiring?

SCP

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

The one coach I still believed in...  this sucks...

And again, Rivera isn't held accountable for horrible coaching/game management, Shula isnt held accountable.  But, Proehl is held accountable because Gettleman drafted two big, lazy, underperforming WRs with inconsistent hands and a lack of desire for the game who were over projected on the depth chart?

Typical.

I hate when fans call players lazy. You can't judge laziness from a tv screen 

12 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

A fat contract from ESPN because no one wants to hire him as a coach anymore?

I love the dude as an analyst, but he was gifted that Super Bowl by Tony Dungy and Al Davis. He then proceeded to dismantle that team slowly year in and year out until they fired him. 

Lol he gets offers every year. Just had the colts trying to hire him. People forget the team he left went to the super bowl too. So if you discredit him for the Bucs winning then for the same reasons you have to give him credit for Oakland being there. 

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Lol he gets offers every year. Just had the colts trying to hire him. People forget the team he left went to the super bowl too. So if you discredit him for the Bucs winning then for the same reasons you have to give him credit for Oakland being there. 

Sure, I can give him credit for doing that.

15 years ago. 

The game has changed a lot since then though, and it changed while he was still a coach and did nothing but run the buccs into the ground while it happened, which was fabulous, and they still haven't completely recovered from it, but they are now trending upward which sucks. 

10 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Liked Ricky but I've been saying our receivers aren't getting better. We've spent draft choices to get better in this area. 

And he shouldn't get a pass for his units pitiful play.   With that said I can't believe he's gonna be the scapegoat while Dorsey and Shula keep doing what their doing.  

Good luck Coach Proehl

I agree...however, in Ricky's defense...he's not been provided a great deal of WR talent to work with either. Benjiman and Funchess are the best talent we have, the rest is marginal at best. Bersin and Philly Brown probably could not make it on any other NFL team. And Ginn is just a niche player who has proven he can't make it on any other team. Then throw in Shula's sloth paced offense and you've created an environment that does not promote success at the WR position.

8 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Liked Ricky but I've been saying our receivers aren't getting better. We've spent draft choices to get better in this area. 

And he shouldn't get a pass for his units pitiful play.   With that said I can't believe he's gonna be the scapegoat while Dorsey and Shula keep doing what their doing.  

Good luck Coach Proehl

Less Ricky, more on the DG and Shula sorry

Ginn always had drops, but he still improved a lot under Ricky. Philly did his thing in games last year and when he was given opportunity this year although it was limited, but lets remember he was un-drafted. Byrd should have been given the chance, but Ron personnel evaluation when it come to game-days is terrible and he's also another un-drafted player. KB doesn't look like a number 1 and Funchess still is learning but is looking like a dangerous slot/TE hybrid, similar to Jared Cook and how Packers using him. We need a new OC its that simple. A new and better one

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because he had the option to keep him rather than hiring Settle in the first place, but chose to let Skipper walk.

Odd to say he wasn't fan of a guy he just hired in 2013 because he didn't retain him from the Fox Era. 

Speaking of which, was anyone retained from the Fox era?

Edit: Looks like we brought Meeks back as the secondary coach after he was the D.C for Fox and Sam Mills III

I just think its quite a stretch to say he wasn't fond of the guy because he didn't retain him from the previous regime,especially when he just brought him back in 2013.

42 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Odd to say he wasn't fan of a guy he just hired in 2013 because he didn't retain him from the Fox Era. 

Speaking of which, was anyone retained from the Fox era?

Edit: Looks like we brought Meeks back as the secondary coach after he was the D.C for Fox and Sam Mills III

I just think its quite a stretch to say he wasn't fond of the guy because he didn't retain him from the previous regime,especially when he just brought him back in 2013.

Rivera basically interviewed Skipper and would have had an easy transition to just keep him in place but went outside instead.

There was a lot of discussion about it at the time it happened.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera basically interviewed Skipper and would have had an easy transition to just keep him in place but went outside instead.

There was a lot of discussion about it at the time it happened.

Ok, I see your thought process now. I think its unlikely he does not like the guy since he hired him 2013 tho.

Archived