• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cap rollover for next year...

SgtJoo

45 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I thought we had 18 mil free? did we lose 5mil?

Also the lowest estimate for next year NFL Salary cap is 168mil right? could go as high as 170 from what I remember seeing.

So we have like 52 million rounded down in cap space? Could go as high as 62 million....damn..

We really could afford JPP and Campbell and Short....wtf we could kill it this year....

Id rather spend the money on those DEs than draft a rookie....load up on offense with the draft and use all that cap on defense/resigning our FA players(with the idea that an elite veteran Defense wins championships)....wow....we better fugin use that money.

A lot of the cap space numbers that people were throwing around were top-51 numbers at the beginning of the season.  As the season goes on guys on IR and practice squad cut into your cap space.  As it turns out if we had kept the tag on Norman we would have been right at the cap.

29 minutes ago, The Lone Panther said:

I'm the complete opposite.  Load up on O in FA, defense in the draft. 

I would agree with this.  The draft seems a lot better defensively then offensively this year.  Especially in the first 2-3 rounds.

I think you could go something like S, DE, CB in the first 3 rounds and end up with better prospects then going something like OT, WR, RB. 

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

What makes you think we spend it in 2017. Gettleman has already said he isn't going to spend money just because he had it. How do you think we got a surplus.

We have a surplus because they pulled the tag on Norman.  At that point free agency was pretty much over. 

16 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

We have a surplus because they pulled the tag on Norman.  At that point free agency was pretty much over. 

No it wasn't. When have we ever signed guys at the beginning of free agency.? We have always waited until the second or third wave under Gettleman. Many times guys are available after the draft when teams get who they want in the draft and again with June 1 cuts. We even added guys after training camp cuts.

41 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

What makes you think we spend it in 2017. Gettleman has already said he isn't going to spend money just because he had it. How do you think we got a surplus.

He also said he doesn't draft for need then drafted all the CBs....there is 0 chance after bradberry that those were the BPA...and even in the press conference he was just like "yea we needed cahhners" and said what we all knew anyway.

He just doesn't like saying what he's going to do, doesn't mean he will or not.

Then again...current analysis at the time and also hindsight now we know it wasn't the best draft ever...looks pretty weak overall(talking the entire NFL). So maybe they really were....as there was no way we were picking Prescott.

Archived