• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Lance Zierlein: Instant-Impact Players

Saca312

I actually like this article. Great concept. He wasn't necessarily ranking who is the best, just who has the most upside in comparison, not that the guys lower on the list won't be good, he just believes their ceilings are lower than the others, which is understandable.

One thing to note is that the guys at the top are physical freaks and you get a ton of those every year in the draft, the question is will they be able to grasp the mental side of the pro game. 

51 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Not happening.  Fournette is there, he will be a Panther.  Simple, book it, #happening, put a stamp on it.  

I disagree, we haven't been known to draft RB high with getts yet. I could see a 2-4th round RB but the 1st round is way too big a pick to go with a RB when even the greatest wouldn't do well behind our line. For a position that's injury rate and production is equal to the line quality that's a big chance to take. 

Whereas, a game changing safety or DE would instantly change an entire section of the team and not rely on others to still be amazing.

12 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I disagree, we haven't been known to draft RB high with getts yet. I could see a 2-4th round RB but the 1st round is way too big a pick to go with a RB when even the greatest wouldn't do well behind our line. For a position that's injury rate and production is equal to the line quality that's a big chance to take. 

Whereas, a game changing safety or DE would instantly change an entire section of the team and not rely on others to still be amazing.

Thomas isn't a game changing DE.  So.............

I really hope we trade up with our 2nd pick and grab 2 from the Fournette, Thomas, Adams, Taco, Malik group. 

In my perfect draft we grab either Fournette, Thomas or Adams at 8 and then trade up for Taco or Malik. 

Big time edge rushers are becoming more and more expensive each year (see Vernon's contract and what JPP is going to get this offseason). If we can get 2 game changing type ends with 5th year options... we'll be sitting pretty with a sick DL and a ton of money to spend with our DL taken care of.

Archived