• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle debate: Coffee wars.

pstall

Best K-cups for the price is Aldi. Their light roasts and Columbian coffee pods are excellent. Every now and then they will come out with a big sampler box with Ethiopian, Brazillian, Costa Rican and one other variety that is worth every penny.

Also, head to Amazon and look for variety sampler packs. I just picked up one with 50 pods for about I think .36 per pod. Some pretty good ones in there.

I'd love to learn how to roast, grind, and brew my own coffee from home. As it is now I drink whatever the wife scoops into the pot. But I also have a Kuerig and have tried a lot of different types. Surprisingly Newman's makes a good pod. 

I'm more on the espresso side of things---I make double shots at work, don't really use the keureg at home anymore.  

My ideal choice is an Americano with brown sugar and a splash of soy milk.  There's a small coffee shop in Encinitas that does this and it is amazing.  

3 hours ago, davos said:

I'm more on the espresso side of things---I make double shots at work, don't really use the keureg at home anymore.  

My ideal choice is an Americano with brown sugar and a splash of soy milk.  There's a small coffee shop in Encinitas that does this and it is amazing.  

Dude, we have a coffee/espresso machine at work. A double shot is the poo on cold mornings.

I do one cup from my Keurig each morning and that is about it. After trying almost every brand I have come across, I prefer Gevalia over all others and the go to stand by after that would be the Eight O'Clock brand. No that those two are fancy but, I find a big difference in taste when you go to the store brands or jumbo bonus boxes at Big Lots, Ollies, etc.

I don't usually buy cups of coffee at any coffee house or convenience store so don't really have a preference there but during one of our recent Qrtly meetings at work, the topic of Blue Bottle Coffee came up and is supposedly the end-all of coffee. Think they only have stores in NYC, LA, and Tokyo though. 

You k-cup guys hate our planet and every soul on it.

I'm digging Larry's Beans right now. Any flavor or sweetener in my coffee makes me livid. I used to do the tiniest splash of milk, then a little more, before I knew it, a friend had gotten me hooked on hard stuff: Half and half.I can't control it anymore, my coffee gets lighter and lighter. I need help before its too late.

I'm definitely a coffee snob. Not big on coffee shops and fancy drinks, I just like good coffee at home. I usually order beans from Counter Culture in Durham, certainly regarded as one of the best roasters in the country and a great small business success story. The coffee is expensive, yeah, and translates to about $1.25-$2.00/day for me and my wife. They roast the day you order, so the beans are about as fresh as you can find on any shelf or at any coffee shop. I use a Chemex to brew 18-24 ounces each morning. But I'll still drink just about anything as long as it's brewed in some way.

Archived