• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursdays combine measurements

AU-panther

Just now, AU-panther said:

Interesting later round guy

I'm not so sure he makes it to the later rounds. People are really starting to talk about him. If he shows up and runs fast and performs the on field drills as well as it may look like he will, he could go a lot earlier than some think.

Daniel Jeremiah has been pumping this guys name up on Twitter lately

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Other noteworthy TEs:

Jake Butt, Michigan: 6'5.6" 246 10" hands

Bucky Hodges, VT: 6'6" 257 10 1/8" hands

Jordan Leggett, Clemson: 6'5.4" 258 10 3/8" hands

TEs as a whole are measuring out VERY well this year.

Bucky went back to improve his stock and from the looks of it he made a mistake. 

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Just adding a few that might be interesting to some around here.

People who say he's not a top 10 pick are crazy, unlike Ebron, Winslow, Davis...Etc...Basically all the examples people use to discourage picking him forget one thing, he can actually block quite well along with great hands, speed, size and route running.

And before anyone says "look at the stats bruh!" Realize Alabama poorly utilizes TE's in the pass and religated Howard to downfield and run blocking.

If our board is picked clean by #8, I'd be fine with Howard.

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

People who say he's not a top 10 pick are crazy, unlike Ebron, Winslow, Davis...Etc...Basically all the examples people use to discourage picking him forget one thing, he can actually block quite well along with great hands, speed, size and route running.

And before anyone says "look at the stats bruh!" Realize Alabama poorly utilizes TE's in the pass and religated Howard to downfield and run blocking.

If our board is picked clean by #8, I'd be fine with Howard.

Agreed. OJ Howard would be a great tight end to go opposite of Greg Olsen. If we are truly going to two tight end sets like RR mentioned. Being honest I would only look at S, RB, or TE at pick 8 in this draft.

Archived