• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine 40 Reactions Here

Catufb85

2 hours ago, Growl said:

I wonder how much money Bolles is earning himself today.

Bolles has significant off-the-field issues that could hurt his chances of going in the first round. Some teams have concerns about his mental health and some past issues with marijuana. Bolles' family has had some run-ins that also impact his off-the-field evaluation.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017OT.php#63oysSTSeqc1LCi7.99

2 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1970024-10-nfl-stars-who-overcame-terrible-combine-performances

some of y'all read this article. Some of the best players at their position and a couple of hall of famers had terrible combines. 

No doubt. Everyone knows what Fournette can do on the field. I was hoping he'd have a disappointing combine to give us a chance.

I think Gettleman probably puts about the least amount of emphasis on these drills out of all the GMs. I mean, we drafted a WR who ran a 4.7+ 40 at this thing. Our starting LG only put up 22 reps. Gettleman seems to put a lot of emphasis on the physical measurements raving about things like hand size, arm length and height, but not much emphasis on the drills. I can't recall him ever raving about drill performance the way he does about what the tape measure says.

Cook comes in 30 pounds less and only jumps 2 inches higher and no one bats an eye.

Fournette come and jump a 28.5 10 pounds over his playing weight, 30 pounds more than Cook and everything me loses there mind lol

21 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Bolles has significant off-the-field issues that could hurt his chances of going in the first round. Some teams have concerns about his mental health and some past issues with marijuana. Bolles' family has had some run-ins that also impact his off-the-field evaluation.

I'm no exec, but I think Bolles' backstory is a rough one. One parent had substance abuse problems and the other passed away early. Bounced around couches and overcame a bit.

I know there are tons of stories like this in the sports world so he's not some exception to the rule, but at least there's a story to tell and not just a recreational idiot that doesn't value what he has. 

I personally think Bolles has the best tools and will be the best OL in this draft. 5 star HS player with insanely athletic attributes for a man his size. 

Just now, Soul Rebel said:

I'm no exec, but I think Bolles' backstory is a rough one. One had substance abuse problems and the other passed away early. Bounced around couches and overcame a bit.

I know there are tons of stories like this in the sports world so he's not some exception to the rule, but at least there's a story to tell and not just a recreational idiot that doesn't value what he has. 

I personally think Bolles has the best tools and will be the best OL in this draft. 5 star HS player with insanely athletic attributes for a man his size. 

hadn't heard this, thanks

6 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Via Pantherswire:

“If I can take care of the off-field issues because I grew up in a rough childhood and things like that. Many of you guys know my story. I’m a changed man, and I know exactly what I want and where I’m going. I just got married a year ago. I have a son, so I’ve got to take care of them and show them what I’m going to do."

“When I’m on the field, I want to put people in the dirt. And that’s what I’m here for. As an offensive lineman, you want to be the nasty prick that you can be. And whoever’s in front of me, I want to drive them and put them in the dirt. So I’m just going to try to be that every single day. And when I come off the field, I love my family. I just learned how to turn the switch to to go back to the new Garett.”

I hope those concerns drop him to #40. Have no problems taking him.

Archived