• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Panthers even like Cam Newton?

countryboi

2 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

It does make you wonder....

The writer made some valid points. My main issue is that they shut Luke down, but kept trotting Cam back on the field. Why didn't they shut them BOTH down?

The nature of the injury says Cam's is not likely to get worse and is a routine surgery to fix if it doesnt repair.  Concussions are serious business esp. for a franchise MLB

5 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

No what is ignorant is alot of y'all can't see it and want to say everything is ok. U can tell when something isn't right. And u hear reports before the first Atlanta Game this past year that none of the guys looked happy at all. Cam wasn't his cheerful, playful self like he always was before the games. Something is going on and that lead to that terrible season, and when it happens again this year we will just be like who is "Ignorant" now!!!!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Its ok if you have a crush on Cam dude.  Just know the Panthers are a business and they have doctors and stuff.  Killing Cam is not the goal for them.  

Its ok if you have a crush on Cam dude.  Just know the Panthers are a business and they have doctors and stuff.  Killing Cam is not the goal for them.  

Hey if ur not going to use him for what u drafted him or paid him for then trade him is all I'm saying. They have tried to take plays away from him even Rivera came out and said Cam is not going to be happy that we are taking some things out of his control. IMO u wasted number 1 pick and 100 million. Hey think what y'all want to think.

5 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

It does make you wonder....

The writer made some valid points. My main issue is that they shut Luke down, but kept trotting Cam back on the field. Why didn't they shut them BOTH down?

Two completely different injuries and situations. 

Cam's shoulder was already hurt and not likely to get hurt any more.

Luke had a head injury, and with all the negative PR the league and sport has received in regards to concussions, it made more sense to sit him out longer term because another head injury is not only career threatening, but life threatening as well. 

So while they were both injured, Luke's injury had a much more serious concern and negative connotations associated with it. 

Two completely different injuries and situations. 
Cam's shoulder was already hurt and not likely to get hurt any more.
Luke had a head injury, and with all the negative PR the league and sport has received in regards to concussions, it made more sense to sit him out longer term because another head injury is not only career threatening, but life threatening as well. 
So while they were both injured, Luke's injury had a much more serious concern and negative connotations associated with it. 

So ur saying risk ur franchise quarterback that u paid 100 million. LMAO

He brought up some valid points. 

Cam shouldn't have played those last few games, I think we all can agree on that. With the hits he had been taking, his likelihood of further injuring himself was very high so his was just as much a priority as Luke. This is your franchise QB. He is your $100million man. Your hopes and dreams are riding on his arm. Should've just sat him and been done. Early start to the rest and rehab. 

I joke about them not liking each other but it can very well get that point. We've seen it happen many times with players and organizations. 

But it is what it is. He could be like 90% of America: go to work and collect a check and some of us like the actual job but can do without the supervisor. It's life. 

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

So ur saying risk ur franchise quarterback that u paid 100 million. LMAO

With those tears there isn't a risk of injuring it further, just something he has to deal with until it heals or surgery is required, much like his ankle a few years ago. The doctors determined he was fine to play, and Cam obviously wanted to. Dude's a warrior and doesn't even take practice days off. The conversation probably went:

"Will I get hurt further?"

"No, but you might need surgery if it doesn't heal"

"That's cool, I'll play then"

Comparing it to Luke's injury is apples and oranges. 

Archived