• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will he do? Who do you take?

Catufb85

More and more scenarios are playing out that the main guys we would be targeting at #8 will be gone. Now this is all peculation because we don't know how 1-7 will pan out. But what if Fournette, Allen, Thomas, Adams, Hooker, and OJ are all gone by 8.  Those are considered the top guys at their positions which happens to be area of improvement we need.  Comes to my mind is well poo... Gettleman said he isn't reaching for tackle. But does that leave the 3rd best safety, the 3rd or 4th pass rusher, the 2nd best RB (which many have opinions who that is) and the #2nd best TE which in my opinion is reaching at 8.   So what does that leave top corners and wide receivers and Linebackers. I can't see us taking a linebacker.  What message does it send to your claimed starting corners if you take Lattimore or Humphrey. 

Thought I'd throw a monkey wrench and see where y'all would go at 8 if they plays out.  

Personally I'd go Mike Williams or Corner. Could Peppers be in play? Does Gman pick Cook? Barnett? 

1. All the players ever will be drafted before 8. That includes 2018 class as well. 

2. You don't draft (or not draft) a player based on the message it may or may not send. You draft a player to make your team better. I would be A-OK with the top corner if that's how it plays out. Worley would be solid depth and the CB position is one that can easily claim players to injury. 

3. Corey Davis, maybe even Ross, potential trade back with QB needy team. We'll get our stud and I trust our scouts and GMan to bup bup bup bup. 

I think it's highly unlikely that the draft plays out that everyone we're targeting at #8 goes in the top 7 picks.

If we plan on running more man under Wilkes, I'd probably go CB.

No clue what the staff thinks about Barnett, but I wouldn't howl if we took him in that situation. 3rd DE off the board doesn't necessarily mean he was the 3rd DE on OUR board.

No clue what we think about Corey Davis either, but again, I wouldn't howl. Seen T.O. and A.J. Green comps for him. If that's what we think, yeah I'll take that at #8.

Fournette / Howard / Ross

One of these 3 will be available and you make sure one of these 3 is the pick.

If we didn't sign Kalil I'd say Bolles is a sleeper pick but I can't see us taking Bolles now, Gettleman is obviously putting all his eggs in Matt's basket this year

If Howard goes top 7, then someone is falling that has no business being there at #8.  Doesn't matter who that player is, you grab him in a heartbeat.  It's more than likely going to be a Safety, DE or CB...which BTW we need depth in all 3 of those areas.  We are going to be just fine even in the doomsday scenario.

I'm at the point where I can no longer justify Defense in the first or second.

We have ignored that side of the ball for a bit too long.  I'm not for drafting based on need but at some point you have to take an offensive player.  Cam and KB since 11?  Some guys after round 2 but cmon.

You take Lattimore easily, we saw how our secondary performed with bradberry injured. This gives us two very good CB's and a good CB in worely for depth and rotation. Also allows the defense to run more man coverage, a guy like Lattimore makes our safety's job easier, which I think both Coleman and Boston were victims of rookie CB's. Then with the 2 second round picks you find some guys on offense to help, Zay jones and another rb possibly, maybe the te from Miami is in play as well.

I think that's the best scenario give the circumstances in your post op

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It's been Barnett since mid-October when the season was officially in the Johnny Flusher.  Moldable 20 year old premium position franchise DE as accomplished as any his age in history, zero character concerns, easy decision.  

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's highly unlikely that the draft plays out that everyone we're targeting at #8 goes in the top 7 picks.

If we plan on running more man under Wilkes, I'd probably go CB.

No clue what the staff thinks about Barnett, but I wouldn't howl if we took him in that situation. 3rd DE off the board doesn't necessarily mean he was the 3rd DE on OUR board.

No clue what we think about Corey Davis either, but again, I wouldn't howl. Seen T.O. and A.J. Green comps for him. If that's what we think, yeah I'll take that at #8.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl-draft/

Case in point.  Barnett is #3 overall on the PFF Big Board.

3 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

More and more scenarios are playing out that the main guys we would be targeting at #8 will be gone. Now this is all peculation because we don't know how 1-7 will pan out. But what if Fournette, Allen, Thomas, Adams, Hooker, and OJ are all gone by 8.  Those are considered the top guys at their positions which happens to be area of improvement we need.  Comes to my mind is well poo... Gettleman said he isn't reaching for tackle. But does that leave the 3rd best safety, the 3rd or 4th pass rusher, the 2nd best RB (which many have opinions who that is) and the #2nd best TE which in my opinion is reaching at 8.   So what does that leave top corners and wide receivers and Linebackers. I can't see us taking a linebacker.  What message does it send to your claimed starting corners if you take Lattimore or Humphrey. 

Thought I'd throw a monkey wrench and see where y'all would go at 8 if they plays out.  

Personally I'd go Mike Williams or Corner. Could Peppers be in play? Does Gman pick Cook? Barnett? 

I forget who it was, but one of the big prognosticators just bumped Hooker and Adams in favor or Peppers as the top safety prospect. im not sure one way or the other myself on that one, but that could mean we may target him or one of the other two, whoever falls. then again, if all the guys you mention are gone, i would go with Corey Davis in a heartbeat, or that CB Lattimore. Even Barnett would be good, though i would have a bad case of the "what ifs" if we take Barnett with Davis still on the board.

Archived