• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera And Brandon Beane At Stanford To See Christian McCaffrey And Solomon Thomas

bobsfoodbasics

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

As a running back Fournette is much better than McCaffrey. But McCaffrey is an accomplished receiver and punt/KO returner and Fournette is not. Overall value goes to McCaffrey and it isn't close. McCaffrey would start at returner and slot receiver and Fournette will be Stewart's back up all year. Not what you want with a top 10 pick.

Wrong... If that were true RB like fozzy would get more money than stew..

He is a situational player.. This is just like the argument when ppl wanted to act like Welker was in the same catagory as Megatron..

Fournette may not be a punt returner/wr/rb but the thing he does do is the basic winning ingerident in football..

5 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

i would be happy trading back slightly to get Thomas, then trading up from 40 to get McCaffrey. 

getting the two of them in the first 35 picks would be a stellar haul

You're not trading back and getting Thomas.. He is a top 5 or at least a top 10 pick..

1 hour ago, Snake said:

DEs this year outside of Garrett are average at best. Hell Garrett would not be a top 5 pick if it were not such a weak QB and DE class. Thomas is not what we need. We are there to see McCaffrey because RB is super deep this year. Got to put in a bunch of work. 

Wtf?? 

This is one of the best pass rusher draft in years..

8 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Just watched his pro day, dude is going to be a threat in the right system. Could be as good as David Johnson if combined with the right coordinator. Wouldn't be mad if we traded up for him but the conservative bs would need to end.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

What?? You guys are way over hyping a situational player..

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

Put Myles Garrett in the last 3 drafts and he goes 5 or later. He's good but QB, WR,  and OT class are weak. 

Bosa > Garrett in 2016? Bosa's workouts were pretty pedestrian and he only had 5 sacks his final season. He had a very promising rookie year, but entering the draft, Garrett is the superior prospect.

Dante Fowler Jr. > Garrett in 2015? LOL! Please.

Khalil Mack > Garrett in 2014? I doubt it. While Mack has been a great pro so far, Garrett is bigger, stronger, had similar speed/agility numbers and had similar stats against far superior college competition.

I think you're majorly underselling Myles Garrett as a prospect. You don't draw Julius Peppers comparisons unless you're a TREMENDOUS prospect.

What?? You guys are way over hyping a situational player..

He's got potential, but don't get me wrong I don't think he's a 3 down back his first year or two, I like to see how he fairs running up the gut and getting 25+ touches a game.

His floor is a theo riddick or poor man's Percy harvin IMO. Maybe danny woodhead

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The thing I keep mulling over with Christian is he fills 3 needs...RB, returner, and slot receiver. It is very possible he provides more all purpose yards than someone like Fournette.

And Solomon, in spite of what some here are claiming, looks to me as the clear number 2 DE in this draft pool. Go back and watch what he did at Stanford. The guy was an effective rusher inside and outside, and was probably the best run defender of all the DE prospects.

5 minutes ago, Marguide said:

The thing I keep mulling over with Christian is he fills 3 needs...RB, returner, and slot receiver. It is very possible he provides more all purpose yards than someone like Fournette.

And Solomon, in spite of what some here are claiming, looks to me as the clear number 2 DE in this draft pool. Go back and watch what he did at Stanford. The guy was an effective rusher inside and outside, and was probably the best run defender of all the DE prospects.

Personally, if it comes down to either the 3rd or 4th best DE, or McCaffery. I am taking McCaffery.

It would not be overly difficult to get him 15-20 touches a game. What with his Return ability and all. And it also is not difficult to imagine him being our little spark plug. Think Smitty, but with more touches, from more positions.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Wtf?? 

This is one of the best pass rusher draft in years..

Thomas is a 3-4 DE. He is very good 3-4 DE with a strong bull rush and he stops the run well. It still doesn't make him a 4-3 DE though. I just don't understand why people can't get this. 

30 minutes ago, Marguide said:

He spent most of his time inside though and would not be effective outside in a 43. He is very solid in run support as you said and his bull rush is good. He will make a good 3-4 DE for someone. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bosa > Garrett in 2016? Bosa's workouts were pretty pedestrian and he only had 5 sacks his final season. He had a very promising rookie year, but entering the draft, Garrett is the superior prospect.

Dante Fowler Jr. > Garrett in 2015? LOL! Please.

Khalil Mack > Garrett in 2014? I doubt it. While Mack has been a great pro so far, Garrett is bigger, stronger, had similar speed/agility numbers and had similar stats against far superior college competition.

I think you're majorly underselling Myles Garrett as a prospect. You don't draw Julius Peppers comparisons unless you're a TREMENDOUS prospect.

Garrett is no peppers and that's 100% He want be Mario Williams either. He's not going to have the impact of Von Miller either if your wondering. Best case he will be a Clowny who was used as a pass rushing expert. Garrett is not even the second best run stopper in this draft. How do you play 3 downs in the NFL and not stop the run? His first step is elite, his moves are good, but he gets mauled by blockers and put into the wash. Hell even OJ Howard tied him up on a run play. That's a TE sealing a #1 draft pick... 

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Wrong... If that were true RB like fozzy would get more money than stew..

He is a situational player.. This is just like the argument when ppl wanted to act like Welker was in the same catagory as Megatron..

Fournette may not be a punt returner/wr/rb but the thing he does do is the basic winning ingerident in football..

If this were about being a running back alone you might be right but McCaffrey is good enough to be drafted in the first round as a slot receiver and returner  let alone a running back. You think that NE considered Wes Welker a situational player and he didn't run the ball like McCaffrey can. I hope our evolution is in the passing game not becoming a more  old school running attack which is all Fournette could do and which we never have the line to do.

Archived