• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera And Brandon Beane At Stanford To See Christian McCaffrey And Solomon Thomas

bobsfoodbasics

I'm glad. He would really upgrade our returner position and could be our bigger stronger Wes Welker in the slot. The fact he can run the ball as well is a bonus but not where I would have him take 25 snaps a game. In all honesty if we drafted him, he could be the best wide receiver we have.

Wouldn't they have brought along Skipper or Taylor if they were scouting in McCaffrey?

I have a feeling this is a visit for Solomon Thomas because of the organization members there and the Panthers have plenty of background info from Taylor. Who for those who didn't know was McCaffreys position coach until this season.

15 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

Wouldn't they have brought along Skipper or Taylor if they were scouting in McCaffrey?

I have a feeling this is a visit for Solomon Thomas because of the organization members there and the Panthers have plenty of background info from Taylor. Who for those who didn't know was McCaffreys position coach until this season.

They did 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't want us to continue using the shotgun so much.

I'm curious as to whether or not we use it because Cam's uncomfortable under center.

There's a reason Cam only had 9.2% snaps under center, and usually from play-action. I don't know if it's not his strong suit, or if Shula's stupid. If Cam can play under center fine, then that'd make me a lot more comfortable about a lot of things.

22 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Honestly feel like we're gunning for Thomas if he's available. The depth of TE and RB is ridiculous, but DEs have more of a drop off monster/athletically in this draft, albeit deep in sound players.

Solomon Thomas is a stud but you know I prefer offensive player with the 1st

19 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It has to be for McCaffery. No way we are getting/taking Thomas.

McCaffery as our utility knife would be awesome.

Not sure why you'd be so sure of that. Two of our top three DEs are stopgap players and the 3rd had been a situational pass rusher up until last season. I feel okay about our DE situation for this season but looking forward we don't really have a DE situation.

Archived