• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Ealy was not a perfect player, but his ability to get to the quarterback was undeniable." - Conor Orr

frash.exe

43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It took Hardy two years not three. He had 11 sacks year 3 even though he was a 5th rounder. Hardy in those three years also had triple the passes defended, two safeties and almost double the tackles.

Ealy has never come close to Hardy's third year. Also, with Peppers, likely a new top rookie and losing playing time to Addison and Horton after the bye, do you really think Ealy was about to explode for Hardy's 15 sacks in year 4? More likely he's released than anything else.

Comparing him to Hardy is a bad comparison. NE needs DEs more than us. They've lost 3 starters the past two offseasons.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Nobody made any comparison except pointing out that DEs often need time to develop. And yo could argue that we don't have a starting DE on the roster right now so saying they need him more than us is a stretch. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This guy thinks Dave Gettleman would trade a good young defensive end to move up a few draft spots.

He wouldn't.

It really comes down to who you trust more, Bill or Gettleman. One has orchestrated 5 Super Bowls as a GM and Coach. The other can't string together winning seasons. 

Ealy had Everette Brown levels of failure.  He was only okay when he was a situational player coming off the bench, ask him to step up and be a difference maker and he turns into one of the worst players in the NFL.  I can't explain how happy I am that I don't have to see that guy go incognito for 15 games next year.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

People love using the NE example yet they never seem to realize that they take a lot of chances since they have a solid team. They've traded for Mingo and Jonathan Cooper and released both of them. They picked up Michael Floyd and that went nowhere.

I trust both Bill and DG, but I'm smart enough about our team (Ealy gets released and we get nothing) and the Pats (willing to take a chance on previous high round picks) to know that there's a very good chance he does nothing more than he did here.

If he does it's because he realized that he has to or he's never getting a big deal. Just because he's on the Pats is no guarantee. Even if he does, he was not going to ball out with us, period. Amazing people can't see that as DE6, he won't make the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Where the fug does this releasing Ealy poo come from? You do realize he's been more productive than Charles Johnson (who got a fuging raise) you guys just follow this organization blindly. Damn it think for yourselves just once in your life. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Where the fug does this releasing Ealy poo come from? You do realize he's been more productive than Charles Johnson (who got a fuging raise) you guys just follow this organization blindly. Damn it think for yourselves just once in your life. 

Voth confirmed Ealy wasn't gonna be kept long term and might not even have made the roster this year.

His argument is based in fact, not "following the organization blindly", as opposed to your blind assumptions that whatever the organization does must be wrong.

If they'd have kept Ealy, you'd have b--ched about that instead.

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You don't have to poo on everything the organization does. Since you want to speak in absolutes

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Voth confirmed Ealy wasn't gonna be kept long term and might not even have made the roster this year.

His argument is based in fact, not "following the organization blindly", as opposed to your blind assumptions that whatever the organization does must be wrong.

If they'd have kept Ealy, you'd have b--ched about that instead.

Bingo. All he does is complain. If you see AceBoogie, you know he's bitching about something haha

18 hours ago, Vagrant said:

I will always remember Ealy as a player who played the game of his life in the game of his life. Can't hate on that. If we win that game, maybe he's in the conversation for being MVP. Ya'll can poo on that all you want, but that means something to me. Just like Dan Morgan's performance against the Patriots. If you ball out in the Super Bowl, you'll have a fan in me. Hopefully he's able to find that extra gear on a consistent basis for the Patriots. Wish him the best. 

No doubt, He had an amazing game against a pretty crappy O-Line.  Give him his props for that.  I would have loved to see him get MVP.   Have you ever heard of Timmy Smith?  Super Bowl MVP running back for the Washington Redskins.   He played the game of his life in the game of his life.  And was out of football a year or two later. 

Ealy, rookie year all performance was a rookie expectations.  2nd year expect some improvement and outside the Super Bowl he was consistently inconsistent.  3rd year proof in the making he had hit his ceiling.  "The roof is the ceiling" or "the ceiling is the roof" or something like that. Sporadic player at best.   I am not in belief that Billicheat is some great guru that turns mortals into gods.  He'll be about the same as he was with us.   Mediocre at best with one or two games to think he is about to breakout.

Archived