• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DE or TE in first

AU-panther

Seems like it is a pretty safe bet that we take both a DE and TE in this years draft.

Would you prefer Howard or Njoku at 8 and a DE later in the draft? If so, who and at what point do you see us drafting a DE?

or

Would you prefer Thomas or Barnett at 8 and a TE later?  Is so who and what round do you see us selecting the TE?

Im a fan of Howard and Njoku but when looking at the entire draft I feel a lot better about finding the TE later than a DE or even a WR or RB.

10 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

A DE won't be a full time player with Addison, Pep, and CJ. Same with TE and Olsen, however a TE would see more playing time. WR or RB makes the most sense

With two aging vets in Pep, and CJ, we defiantly need an infusion of piss and vinegar a stud DE would bring.

IMO, at 8, if the right DE is there. You take him. Not just any DE. You only take one you are totally in love with. As much as top flight DE can help. You only take one in the first if he tickles your fancy.

Hey, I want Offense this draft. And McCaffery tickles my giddy like no one else. But if the right DE is still there? Take him.

Short story long. Sure, you can get a decent DE later in the draft. But why? If you can get one of the top talents. Why pass it up? DEs are that important.

If you want a Stud. You have to get him early.

sJust now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Point? We need a rotation and depth.

That's a poo reason not to draft a DE, especially since Rivera likes to tinker with the DL to confuse opposing OLs.

Yeah!

Yep, Peppers and CJ are just stop gaps at this point. While we have a pretty decent DE rotation on paper for this season, the future at that position group is very much a question mark. For the future, we basically have Addison (who will be 30 himself soon) and... well, we have Addison.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, Peppers and CJ are just stop gaps at this point. While we have a pretty decent DE rotation on paper for this season, the future at that position group is very much a question mark. For the future, we basically have Addison (who will be 30 himself soon) and... well, we have Addison.

Hey, I am all for taking a DE with one of our 2s. We will probably still get a kid that can earn playing time. Someone who will grow into a solid, or better, starter. And that is fine.

But man. There is some talented kids at the top of the heap this year. It would be great to get us one. It is the only position I would take over McCaffery. But hey, that's just me.

57 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

A DE won't be a full time player with Addison, Pep, and CJ. Same with TE and Olsen, however a TE would see more playing time. WR or RB makes the most sense

To me that's not the only reason for player selection.  A WR or running back won't necessarily see a ton of time either.

Fournette is my preference by a mile, but if he's gone I'd want Thomas at 8 and then use our twos to trade up for Njoku. The only DE in this draft I'm really interested in beyond Thomas is Tanoh.  There are others I'd be ok with, but just these two do I really like. (Excluding Garrett of course)

Archived