• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gas On The Fire: Bill Voth Says - With Gun Pointed To Head - McCaffrey Likely Pick

Saca312

8 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Did the Pats take their utility running backs in the top 10? First round? You're crazy if you think we're taking a utility player in the top 10. A guy who can carry an offense on his back and grind out tough yards, score TDs, break long game changing runs, and pass protect like Fournette? Sure. But not a gadget player.

The notion McCaffrey can't be an every down back needs to die. 

21 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Jeremy's had much better insider info here and he's just a photographer. And regarding McCaffrey, he said we like him but not at 8. Which makes the most sense to me. If someone we like at 8 isn't there which is possible then we may look to trade down and pickup McCaffrey and extra picks later. And good bet we'd love him at 40, which I'd be down with. Or even possible trade up if we snag Adams or Thomas at 8.

lol at "better insider info"

17 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Get a clue buddy

Speculating and information are two different things.

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

The notion McCaffrey can't be an every down back needs to die. 

Stats don't tell anything at all. Watch the damn players and the teams instead of just copying and pasting random web bullsh*t.

i'm surprised to see so much hate for voth.

he is often spot on when it comes to the draft. even called the shaq thompson/dj humphries pick. called butler last year when he kept falling. has foreseen several signings/extensions such as kalil, peppers, captain this offseason... dude is clearly getting info from someone high up.

33 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

somebody point out to me one instance where bill voth had some sort of insight because the only impression i have ever gotten from him is that he just blabbers conjecture

about a week before they picked KB he pretty much guaranteed he would be the pick. Also called Shaq Thompson back in 2015 when everyone (including Igo) was still saying there's no way we draft him in the first. Bill gets a bad rap on here for some reason, but he's connected, and the best writer we have for this team. 

Just now, thomas96 said:

Stats don't tell anything at all. Watch the damn players and the teams instead of just copying and pasting random web bullsh*t.

Yep. You realize Stanford runs mostly power run football, right? You understand that McCaffrey has been utilized as a bell-cow RB?

I've studied McCaffrey, and the fact he can't be an every down back is lazy and asinine. 

Someone please show me film and evidence that McCaffrey can't be an every down back. How is he not capable of being an every down back?

I'm still waiting for a valid argument. 

If you say frame, you haven't watched McCaffrey. There's a reason his vision and patience is elite, and how he runs inside and gets 4-6 yard chunks near everytime. 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Yep. You realize Stanford runs mostly power run football, right? You understand that McCaffrey has been utilized as a bell-cow RB?

I've studied McCaffrey, and the fact he can't be an every down back is lazy and asinine. 

The Golden Calf of Bristol was great in college. I studied him.

Archived