• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not Draft related: Prisco ranks all NFL coaches...you won't be happy

Moorgan

Two years ago Rivera just said OK to all OC and DC suggestions. He didn't really coach. Wait- that would mean Shula can successfully run an offense. I see a secret coach stashed somewhere, since the guys with the titles couldn't possibly have gotten us to the SB. 

Can't argue a bit with the coaches ranked 1-5, but then things get a bit squirrelly in the list.

Sean Payton at 6, probably not right, but can't argue it too much. Take away Brees and he plummets, though.

Harbaugh at 7 is on a downslope right now, but he's got a good history.

Adam Gase at 8 and Bill O'Brien at 10? Chuck Pagano who can't win with Andrew Luck? Mike Zimmer who has lots of promise and a bunch of nothing to show for it at 13?

Rivera has three playoff runs so far in his first head coaching gig, including a Super Bowl appearance. I think they are slighting him for the run-heavy approach that they consider old fashioned, along with his commitment to defense. But really, he frikkin' owns Bruce Arians who was ranked 9th.

I think putting him behind the guys mentioned above was a bad choice. But hey, we perform our best when the expectations for us are low.

His best coaching was in 2014. He was balls to the walls and playing to win. The difference in 2015 was that we had a team that could dominate anybody. Then he got to coaching scared Fox ball.

It interesting to me that conservative coaches like Fox and Rivera claim to "play the numbers/percentages." Yet they neglect to look at numbers that matter, like, say, winning percentages. The fact that playing not to lose almost always yields a .500 record, you would think they would realize that it's more conservative to be...less conservative.
Ron got a lesson in this when he was on the hot seat, threw caution to the wind, and went 12-4...and apparently learned nothing.

Following in the grand tradition of Mister
.500 Foxy. The Panthers way.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived