• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Bengals And Panthers Competing For #2 Overall Pick. Panthers Have Current Lead & Offer.

Saca312

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

The funny thing is there is a very real scenario in which Fournette makes it to the 8th pick. All he has to do is essentially make it past Jacksonville. Jacksonville might be tempted with J. Allen or S. Thomas if indeed the rumors are true of the Bears drafting a QB

I dont know I think if you look at the Titans it would make since for them to go Fortune, same for Jets if they dont believe a QB is worth there pick and SD in a new city makes a lot of since as well as Fortune would take a lot of pressure off Rivers. I will be Shocked if Fortune is there at 8.

Just now, Toler59 said:

I dont know I think if you look at the Titans it would make since for them to go Fortune, same for Jets if they dont believe a QB is worth there pick and SD in a new city makes a lot of since as well as Fortune would take a lot of pressure off Rivers. I will be Shocked if Fortune is there at 8.

Melvin Gordon is a stud and a first round pick from two years ago so no way San Diego drafts him. If he makes it to seven he is guaranteed to make it to 8. 

The Jets at six are a wildcard admittedly but they have so many holes it's hard to imagine them thinking a RB is their top need. 

The Titans have a lot invested in RB and they love Henry. 

So I agree with the Jets, but I don't see the Titans or Chargers drafting a RB high this year. 

Titans? Don't think so demarco and Henry on the roster

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Just now, Toler59 said:

I am not going to say we were going to the SB last year but lets be real no team in the NFL would have been good missing the LT, C 2nd and 3rd C plus we had a back up at RT and he was out 4 games we even at one point had a G at RT and a back up G in. Then add to that the CB situation the first 6 weeks and then losing Luke the last part of the Season, Cam missing a game and we lost 6 games by less then 6 points we could have easily had 12 wins. Our team healthy before this draft and before we got better in FA was a playoff caliber team so its very reasonable for our GM to think we are 1 player away. If we have better luck with injuries and took Fortune we are again instant contenders. I personaly think if we stay put and take CM and got te or DE in 2nd we are instant contenders.

We had insane injury luck in our SB season until the actual game, when we lost multiple critical pieces of our offense which contributed to our downfall.

In a season with normal injury luck, we are neither as good as the '15 team nor as bad as the '16 team.

Adding a single player - any player - to last year's team doesn't get us to the playoffs.

Adding 7-8 draft picks - and hitting on four to five of them - fixes our team's issues and provides us better depth to deal with injuries.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

San Francisco isn't going to trade the 2 pick until after Cleveland picks on the off chance the browns pass Garrett up

I agree 100%....SF has NOTHING to gain by trading now...if us and the bengals are truly this desperate to trade up, we'll still be just as desperate after the Browns pick. 

UNLESS both us and the Bengals are both saying make the deal now or it's off the table. But I don't think that's the case.

Then again, I'm not buying this rumor at all. I think somebody is just mixing the following 2 rumors:

1) Ever since that one mock draft was posted with us hypothetically trading up to #2, people keep assuming that was a legit rumor.

2) They know us and the Bengals both like LF

All the sudden this explodes into some insane blockbuster BS rumor...DG can't be this stupid unless he has inside knowledge from the Browns brass that they take Mitch #1 and we do the deal now.

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Panthers  led the NFL in sacks, its all about being complimentary.  With DTs we have on Roster DE is less valuabe. 

Fournette is the BPA and would make this team elite. 

Im all about LF at #8.  Just saying theres only one game wrecker worth trading up for IMO.  I dont think we will have to trade up.  Im not sure anyone wants to pay LF Top5 money

51 minutes ago, Toler59 said:

I am not sure that ss is a need and C may be a need but this is a very weak draft at center. Also Tackle isnt as big of a need as many think. Dave believes he has his LT in Kalil and at RT all the talk is about Oher but many articles I have read suggest that he will be a back up. We had good play at RT last year and at SS Boston rated as the 11th best saftey last year. The 1st rd pick will be rb or DE and the 2 2nds will be traded for a mid 1st and we will go de,tackle or TE. I would then look for another trade up in the 3rd or 4th round to go rb/te/mlb. Just my thoughts.

im with you on everything except the Tackle thing. if, if oher and kalil do the best theyve done in the last four years, wed still need a T for depth and for when Oher leaves, which may be what a year or two away? two huge injury risks as starters at the second most important position scares me. 

certainly could be ok waiting on te, ss, and c but need/must to get those in 2018. 

Archived