• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston Has Been Waived

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Another wow meltdown.  They never get old

You call it a meltdown because Bwood.. Is your buddy..

I call it finally putting that bitch and all his minions in their place..

1 hour ago, CatMan72 said:

More surprised by Devon Johnson being waived, guess we figure we won't have much use for a true FB in this evolving offense.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

We still have Daryl Young. He's a 30yr old vet we signed off the Skins roster. He is battle tested and ready to go in case the kid from Georgia don't work out.

Method of thinking is as follows:

Player A injured themselves in training camp their second year in the league and was not able to play at all.

Player B also injured themselves in training camp their second season and was not able to play at all.

You claim one of these guys is never healthy to make it out of training camp when they've only had the opportunity to make it out of training camp twice at this point in their careers. 

Do you not see how making your statement about one of the players never being healthy could be hyperbolic and misinformed based only on that information?

I was hoping Boston would get another chance this year. I like the guy, but he didn't have the year he or they wanted last season. Just goes to show it is tough to make the cut, even as a veteran of the team.

Hope he catches on somewhere and finds what he had.

(On a personal note, he might want to spend more time on skills and less time on weaves.)

5 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Method of thinking is as follows:

Player A injured themselves in training camp their second year in the league and was not able to play at all.

Player B also injured themselves in training camp their second season and was not able to play at all.

You claim one of these guys is never healthy to make it out of training camp when they've only had the opportunity to make it out of training camp twice at this point in their careers. 

Do you not see how making your statement about one of the players never being healthy could be hyperbolic and misinformed based only on that information?

So it's not hyperbolic or naive to expect something from him thoe??

Different story KB.. We expected him to be good based on his healthy season..

No comparison  with Marlowe who again did nothing his 1 healthy year..

So again what are you trying to compare here??

Yes both of them missed their 2nd year due to injury but KB 1st year brought expectation and hope his 3rd year.. Marlowe has done nothing to make me think or have any expectation for him going into his 3rd season..

Back on my normal computer, so I can post a few things from old spreadsheets, etc. that might be relevant to this thread.

1) Marlowe history with the team:  I know the team likes him.  But here's his whole history with the Panthers:

GP/GS
Career (5/0) [0/0]; 2016 (1/0); 2015 (4/0) [0/0].

Played in one game and was inactive for one game…Inactive at Denver (9/8) with a hamstring injury…Placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury (9/20) after aggravating the injury versus San Francisco (9/18).

Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Carolina (5/8)…Played in four games and inactive for 12 games…Recorded one tackle on defense and one tackle on special teams…POSTSEASON: Inactive for NFC Divisional Playoff versus Seattle (1/17), NFC Championship versus Arizona (1/24) and Super Bowl 50 versus Denver (2/7).

So; 4 games on ST in 2015.  1 game in 2016.

What that looks like in terms of snaps:

2015:  9 snaps on defense;  53 on ST   (Tre Boston had 293 snaps on defense in 2015)

2016:  3 snaps on defense; (Boston had 841 snaps on defense in 2016).

So, a total of 12 snaps on defense.

You tell me.  We've got a 36 or 37 year old safety we're planning to start.  He's a great guy.  But are you really wanting to have as your primary backup a guy who has played 12 snaps on D in 2 full years?!?!?!

I don't like it and I will be mad if Gettleman doesn't bring in more depth.

2) To those of you who are CONFIDENT we'll bring in more depth before the season starts, I present you last year's roster which started week one at the safety position:

5908e1c45da80_SafetyWk1_2016.png.7afba82dc68dbafa162445244b7df81e.png

We had Marcus Ball and Travelle Dixon (converted to S from CB)  on the PS.

Boston didn't play well - something we knew was a risk when we promoted him to starter in the wake of Harper's departure.  (And of course starting Boston at FS pulled Coleman out of his better position..., forcing him to play SS, not his strength)

Marlowe got injured very early.  (If we'd had more depth, he wouldn't have been playing with an already injured hamstring.)

Position disaster.  Had to bring in Michael Griffin a few weeks into the season.

I don't want to be burned the same way again.

I was HOPING we'd learned from this, and was excited about having Coleman & Adams as starters with Tre as solid depth behind them (as much as I realize his play was very inconsistent, still an ok backup). and then another young guy like Marlowe to develop. [Colin Jones was awful when he started 1 game in 2016 - week 4 vs. Atlanta.  Need I say more?!]

Dave, PLEASE bring in someone.  It's been a great offseason & draft.  Don't start doing stupid stuff now!

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

2) To those of you who are CONFIDENT we'll bring in more depth before the season starts, I present you last year's roster which started week one at the safety position:

5908e1c45da80_SafetyWk1_2016.png.7afba82dc68dbafa162445244b7df81e.png

We had Marcus Ball and Travelle Dixon (converted to S from CB)  on the PS.

Boston didn't play well - something we knew was a risk when we promoted him to starter in the wake of Harper.  (And of course starting Boston at FS pulled Coleman out of his better position...)

Marlowe got injured very early.

Position disaster.  Had to bring in Michael Griffin a few weeks into the season.

I don't want to be burned the same way again.

I was HOPING we'd learned from this, and was excited about having Coleman & Adams as starters with Tre as solid depth behind them (as much as I realize his play was very inconsistent, still an ok backup). and then another young guy like Marlowe to develop. [Colin Jones was awful when he started 1 game in 2016 - week 4 vs. Atlanta.  Need I say more?!]

Dave, PLEASE bring in someone.  It's been a great offseason & draft.  Don't start doing stupid stuff now!

LOL... this is how we roll ...we did it with CB for years...not to mention OT...

Archived