• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it Possible that Burton and Thomas may be just what we need

panthers55

I know right now things suck and the defensive line is in shambles. Still with 2 weeks practice it is possible that Thomas could make up for Kemo's loss and shore up the run game. With Burton providing backup for Lewis at the 3 technique we might actually iimprove. While that won't help our poor safety play and poor tackling, it will solve at least one glaring problem. With more confidence in the line perhaps it will allow the linebackers to worry about covering the running backs and TEs instead of getting mowed over by lineman and fullbacks busting through our swiss cheese line.................

Then again....

NAH. We suck and the sky is falling!!!!!:hurray:

thomas has been done since August of 2008.

Depends on what you need him for. He isn't going to get penetration or a bunch of sacks. But he is a big body who is hard to root out of the middle. Most folks were pretty unhappy with Kemo until he was not in there last year and until now. All of a sudden he is more appreciated. The Saints got rid of him due to a triceps injury after reached an injury settlement. They resigned him due to injuries but he played very sparingly. He is fully recovered and while not suited for the 3 technique can be decent as a nose tackle. He looks to be a good first and second down run stuffer.

Oh, I know what Hollis is. He was a bigger part of the sucess the Saints had in 2006 than most fans realize but he's not capable of that type of play anymore. He could actually get penetration then and consistently stuffed the run. I guess he can fullfill he duty as just a big body but that won't get you very far.

Oh, I know what Hollis is. He was a bigger part of the sucess the Saints had in 2006 than most fans realize but he's not capable of that type of play anymore. He could actually get penetration then and consistently stuffed the run. I guess he can fullfill he duty as just a big body but that won't get you very far.

At this point a big body who can stuff the run will be a good addition. Just like you guys resigned him in November when you had injuries we have had the same thing on our defensive line as well. Even our recently signed backups like Louis are getting injured. At the rate we are going Thomas won't last all season.

Archived