• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Berman

ncfan

1 hour ago, luke nukem said:

the other guy was 87... what the hell are 87 year olds doing driving around?

My grandmother is 92 and still drives around town. She reads without glasses and is still able to crawl around to get things or to clean when needed. I'd trust her driving than most 16-20 year olds who enjoy snapchatting everything they do including dancing while driving. (I'm only 25 and saying this makes me feel incredibly old). 

4 minutes ago, dave-o said:

The headline should read "Burmans wife plows in to 87 yr old and they both die".....

What is it with you posters with less than 1,000 posts constantly saying ridiculous things about anyone and everyone...

She died in a car accident; key word being accident. To say the heading should be as you stated is almost like saying she deserved what she got. 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

What is it with you posters with less than 1,000 posts constantly saying ridiculous things about anyone and everyone...

She died in a car accident; key word being accident. To say the heading should be as you stated is almost like saying she deserved what she got. 

well in his defense it is a detail worth noting. Whenever you hear about someone being killed in a car accident, you assume it wasn't their fault (at least I always do).

it's still a tragic event either way, but knowing she was at fault and caused the death of another person does make you feel a little more sympathetic for the 87 year old. 

1 hour ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

well in his defense it is a detail worth noting. Whenever you hear about someone being killed in a car accident, you assume it wasn't their fault (at least I always do).

it's still a tragic event either way, but knowing she was at fault and caused the death of another person does make you feel a little more sympathetic for the 87 year old. 

It's a detail worth noting in the body of the article detailing what happened. To include that in the title is extremely insensitive to both parties. 

Very sad news for Chris and his family. Cruel timing just before Mother's Day.  News reports said she was a retired teacher who did a lot of work on Conn to promote literacy.  Also very sad for the other driver's family.

By the way..

21 hours ago, luke nukem said:

the other guy was 87... what the hell are 87 year olds doing driving around?

His family said he was returning home from visiting his wife's grave.

And for you critics...the cause of the accident has not been determined. Let's not jump the gun with blame. Just show some compassion.

Archived