• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great article on Cam Newton

SCP

40 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

and rich eisen has always shown love to Cam. He's one of the most pro-Cam media people I can think of

Good Morning Football has been really high on the Panthers for a while. And Primetime has always been really fair to us too. This offseason, I've actually been impressed with how much Stephen A has been plugging the Panthers. He's still a little douchenozzle but I'll take the love wherever it comes lol

I'm really excited for the season.  I think Cam would love nothing more than to come out and shove all the negative words against him in the faces of the world.  Cam has that edge to him.

I'm really excited to see how well he is able to bounce back and hit some of these quick throws to MCM and Samuels.  This could be a great season!

Just now, nctarheel0619 said:

Cam doesn't have the complete stats like Dan Marino, either.  

How many rushing yards/TDs did Marino have?

Was Marino required to carry the burden of both the pass and run games to save his coaches jobs like Cam? 

7 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Cam doesn't have the complete stats like Dan Marino, either.  

By the way:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00.htm

Cam's career completion %? 58.4%

Marino's? 59.4%

Cam's career Yards per Attempt?  7.4 yards

Marino's? 7.3 yards

Cam's career interception %?  2.7%

Marino's? 3.0%

Cam's career passer rating?  86.1

Marino's? 86.4

Cam's career TD %?  3.6%

Marino's?  4.0%

Here's a weird number... in 6 seasons, Cam has been sacked 221 times.  Marino was sacked 270 times in 17 seasons.  Almost as if Marino (who couldn't scramble if his life depended on it) had a MUCH better OL than Cam has had.  (Marino was sacked 3.1% of his passing opportunities... Cam? 8.0%.  Holy poo.)

Really not understanding where you're coming from with your belief in Marino's "complete stats" or Cam's lack thereof.

11 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

By the way:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00.htm

Cam's career completion %? 58.4%

Marino's? 59.4%

Cam's career Yards per Attempt?  7.4 yards

Marino's? 7.3 yards

Cam's career interception %?  2.7%

Marino's? 3.0%

Cam's career passer rating?  86.1

Marino's? 86.4

Cam's career TD %?  3.6%

Marino's?  4.0%

Here's a weird number... in 6 seasons, Cam has been sacked 221 times.  Marino was sacked 270 times in 17 seasons.  Almost as if Marino (who couldn't scramble if his life depended on it) had a MUCH better OL than Cam has had.  (Marino was sacked 3.1% of his passing opportunities... Cam? 8.0%.  Holy poo.)

Really not understanding where you're coming from with your belief in Marino's "complete stats" or Cam's lack thereof.

Jesus.  Dan Marino threw for over 61 thousand yards, and he passed for 420 TDs.  That's the complete stats I was speaking of.  If Cam can get that kind of yardage, and play as long as Marino can.  Then yes, he will be in the Hall of Fame.  But, we don't know that yet.  Plus, if you look at the first 5-6 years of both their careers, Cam isn't touching Marino TD wise.  Not even gonna get into how the era was harder to throw in for Marino.  You over here giving off bull s hit stats, like those are gonna dictate Hall of Fame credentials.  Just stop while you're behind dude.    

Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/player/danmarino/2501869/careerstats

It's weird to me how people on this board think of Cam as this great passer. He is NOT!

However he is the a great duel threat QB!. That stated he needs to evolve if he is going to have a long career. 

When you put all this in perspective you realize what a shame it is that our franchise squandered his early years by getting by on his natural talents as opposed to maximizing them by actually building a juggernaut of an offense via the draft. So much wasted.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

When you put all this in perspective you realize what a shame it is that our franchise squandered his early years by getting by on his natural talents as opposed to maximizing them by actually building a juggernaut of an offense via the draft. So much wasted.

Had we had a defense worth a damn his rookie season its possible we could have won the whole damn thing.

After that the O as a unit went downhill fast.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

the upside is that we got to see the extent of his natural talent. i think we are finally on the way to building that juggernaut offense, though. interior of the OL is truly stout and we've done work getting OT addressed, imo. oher didn't turn out all that well, but it was definitely a step in the right direction and before his brain turned to mush was doing pretty well. with matt kalil and moton on the other side, i think/really hope we might finally have  a group we can count on for a while few year.

KB is a good WR who hopefully can get back on the track he was prior to getting hurt. olsen is one of the top TEs in the league and then you add in the potential CMC and samuel bring and i feel really good about the direction. shula and rivera having a fire under their arses should help limit their inhibition (which,imo, has been the biggest obstacle to them being able to take this team over the top).

all this should have been done long ago, but then maybe we wouldn't have lucked out getting the CMC/Samuel combo which i think were the real missing pieces to making this the most lethal offense in the league and who i think will bring out the best in cam.

i'm just a little bit excited about getting those two on the field with cam, can you tell?

2 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Jesus.  Dan Marino threw for over 61 thousand yards, and he passed for 420 TDs.  That's the complete stats I was speaking of.  If Cam can get that kind of yardage, and play as long as Marino can.  Then yes, he will be in the Hall of Fame.  But, we don't know that yet.  Plus, if you look at the first 5-6 years of both their careers, Cam isn't touching Marino TD wise.  Not even gonna get into how the era was harder to throw in for Marino.  You over here giving off bull s hit stats, like those are gonna dictate Hall of Fame credentials.  Just stop while you're behind dude.    

Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/player/danmarino/2501869/careerstats

Stop while I'm behind?

When you are the one who initially required a SB ring to enter the HoF then immediately started shifting the goalposts when I showed you you were wrong?

It hard to not be "behind" by your definition when you keep picking up those goalposts and running in the opposite direction.

Plus, if you look at the first 5-6 years of both their careers, Cam isn't touching Marino TD wise.

In Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 199 TDs, 103 interceptions, and 43 fumbles.  Cam?  184 TDs, 78 interceptions, and 38 fumbles.

You over here giving off bull s hit stats

They always are the minute you start getting owned, ain't they?

Archived